Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Richmond, Texas. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A grade in this range requires some respectable marks. Based on our analysis, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of many people. This nursing home didn't fare well in all of our categories, but it didn't receive any rock-bottom grades either. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Richmond senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its relatively modest overall score, we gave this facility an A for its inspection grade. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall score. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area is its long-term care score, where it was given a grade of C. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 99.35275 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. In determining our nursing ratings, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This particular facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is far below average. Lastly, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D in our short-term care category. This was the facility's weakest category rating. In determining our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last item we considered in this area is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.3 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 7.51% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 5.73% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 5.86% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 39.78% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 99.68% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 22.18% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 7.16% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 7.16% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.29% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cambridge Health and Rehabilitation Center, 79.57% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Oakbend Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.21 miles away1705 Jackson St Richmond Texas 77469Government - Hospital District or Authority(281) 341-3000
- Memorial Hermann Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away17500 W Grand Parkway South Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 725-5000
- Sugar Land Surgical Hospital LlpAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away16906 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Physician(281) 243-1000
- Houston Methodist Sugarland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away16655 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 274-8000
- St Luke's Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away1317 Lake Pointe Parkway Sugar Land Texas 77478Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 637-7000
- Westpark Springs LLCPsychiatric 8.92 miles away6902 S Peek Road Richmond Texas 77407Voluntary non-profit - Other(832) 535-2770
- Hca Houston Healthcare WestAcute Care Hospitals 15.13 miles away12141 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77082Proprietary(281) 588-8080
- Memorial Hermann Katy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.26 miles away23900 Katy Freeway Katy Texas 77494Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 392-1111
- West Bellfort Dialysis1.23 miles away21026 W. Bellfort Richmond Texas 77406Dialysis Stations: 12 (832) 595-0187
- Fresenius Medical Care Rosenberg1.44 miles away2510 B. F. Terry Blvd. Rosenberg Texas 77471CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (281) 341-7425
- Davita Village Dialysis1.55 miles away6952 Industrial Parkway Rosenberg Texas 77471Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 232-3116
- Fresenius Medical Care Brazos3.1 miles away1730 b.f. Terry Boulevard Rosenberg Texas 77471Dialysis Stations: 21 (832) 595-0003
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.3.82 miles away2733 1st St Rosenberg Texas 77471Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 239-3156
- Lexington Dialysis, LLC6.67 miles away16035 Lexington Blvd Sugar Land Texas 77479Dialysis Stations: 24 (832) 783-9090
- First Colony Dialysis7.83 miles away1447 Hwy 6 Suite #140 Sugar Land Texas 77478Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 494-1465
- Greatwood Dialysis7.95 miles away20333 Southwest Freeway Suite 105 Sugar Land Texas 77479Dialysis Stations: 17 (281) 545-1470