Cambridge East Healthcare Center is the lone option we identified in Madison Heights, Michigan. We gave this facility an extremely poor overall grade based on the data we assessed. This facility does not seem to have any redeeming qualities. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Cambridge East Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a poor overall score, we also gave this nursing home weak scores across the board in our category grades. It received just a D for its nursing grade, which proved to be its best category. Our nursing grade includes a host of factors. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is slightly below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Among this facility's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection grade. Generally, this means we found some major red flags on its government inspection reports. You should pay special attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection score. We would scrutinize the level of severity of those deficiencies. This facility was assessed a category J or K deficiency, which are among the worst categories of deficiencies. These categories mean that inspectors uncovered a deficiency which puts patient safety or health in imminent danger. Finally, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines totaling over $100,000. This often suggests that a bad performance spanned more than one year.
Does this page answer your questions about Cambridge East Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In our next category, we gave this nursing home a rock-bottom F in the category of short-term care. Short-term care grades are often employed to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation To have good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. With its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this facility was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the data we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected to find. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.3 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. This nursing home received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in this category. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated just 60.135136 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cambridge East Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents which have sustained UTI's. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 3.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 91.43% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Many would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.8 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Davita Troy Dialysis1.99 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights2.77 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Greenfield Hs - Troy3.73 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren4.05 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC4.17 miles away23231 John R Road Hazel Park Michigan 48030Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 399-0737
- Southeast Michigan Kidney Center4.7 miles away1695 W 12 Mile Rd, Suite 250 Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 2 (248) 414-5200
- Davita - Starrwood Dialysis5.11 miles away3425 Starr Rd Ste B Royal Oak Michigan 48073Dialysis Stations: 17 (248) 549-0208
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita5.16 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160