Cambridge East Healthcare Center is the lone option we identified in Madison Heights, Michigan. We gave this facility an extremely poor overall grade based on the data we assessed. This facility does not seem to have any redeeming qualities. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cambridge East Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Cambridge East Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Madison Heights senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home did not receive any favorable grades. In particular, we gave it an F in the category of nursing. Our nursing grade weighs a host of datapoints. The most heavily weighted one is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is slightly below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was given an F for its long-term care score. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the place is not as well-staffed. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 34.925373 percent of its residents. This is many points lower than average. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Cambridge East Healthcare Center?
Among this facility's alarming category grades was a lowly F for its inspection score. Typically, this indicates we found some red flags on the nursing home's inspections. For places with bad inspection scores, you should really focus on any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This facility was hit with a category J or K deficiency, which rank among the worst categories of deficiencies. This generally means that CMS identified a deficiency which places patient safety or health in imminent danger. We are also concerned by the fact that this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was short-term care, where this nursing home was given a rock bottom score here also. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this area, which is definitely a major disappointment. Short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this facility provides substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cambridge East Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 3.38% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 91.02% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that mobility is critical to residents' health.
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cambridge East Healthcare Center, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.8 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Davita Troy Dialysis1.99 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights2.77 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Greenfield Hs - Troy3.73 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren4.05 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC4.17 miles away23231 John R Road Hazel Park Michigan 48030Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 399-0737
- Southeast Michigan Kidney Center4.7 miles away1695 W 12 Mile Rd, Suite 250 Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 2 (248) 414-5200
- Davita - Starrwood Dialysis5.11 miles away3425 Starr Rd Ste B Royal Oak Michigan 48073Dialysis Stations: 17 (248) 549-0208
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita5.16 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160