Cambridge Care Center is in Denver, Colorado, which has more than 25 nursing homes. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our higher grades. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all facilities in the country. This nursing home also received consistently good grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cambridge Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Denver senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we have deficiency data for this facility. Without having the deficiency data for this nursing home, it was a challenge to fully evaluate it in terms of this category.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Cambridge Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. With our short-term care grade, we seek to create a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was long-term care. This nursing home was awarded a very good nursing score this year, with a grade of B. Although this was not quite as impressive as many of its other scores, this is still one of our more impressive grades in this area. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.651566 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cambridge Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cambridge Care Center, 3.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cambridge Care Center, 0.35% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cambridge Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cambridge Care Center, 21.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cambridge Care Center, 6.62% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cambridge Care Center, 4.53% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cambridge Care Center, 99.15% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cambridge Care Center, 19.25% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cambridge Care Center, 19.43% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cambridge Care Center, 19.43% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cambridge Care Center, 86.91% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 39 other nursing homes
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.4 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Mile High Pd (Dva)0.66 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)0.66 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)1.91 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)2.31 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)3.39 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)3.51 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)3.67 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)4.65 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672