Cambridge Care Center is in Denver, Colorado, which has more than 25 nursing homes. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our higher grades. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the nation. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Cambridge Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Without having the deficiency data for this facility, it is difficult to fully evaluate it in terms of this category.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Nursing grades are mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Cambridge Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this category. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most critical for patients in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is long-term care. We gave this facility a solid score in this area, with a grade of B-. Although this isn't on par with some of this facility's other scores, it is still not a terrible score. In determining our long-term care scores, we look at the personal care offered to a facility's patients. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.248116 percent of its patients. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cambridge Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cambridge Care Center, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cambridge Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cambridge Care Center, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who have had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cambridge Care Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cambridge Care Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cambridge Care Center, 3.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cambridge Care Center, 85.7% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cambridge Care Center, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cambridge Care Center, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cambridge Care Center, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cambridge Care Center, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 42 other nursing homes
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.4 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Mile High Pd (Dva)0.66 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)0.66 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)1.91 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)2.31 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)3.39 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)3.51 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)3.67 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)4.65 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672