Cambridge Care Center is in Denver, Colorado, which has more than 25 nursing homes. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our higher grades. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top quarter of all facilities in the country. This nursing home also received consistently good grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Cambridge Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. It doesn't look like we were able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without deficiency related data for this nursing home, it is difficult to fully evaluate it in this area.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing rating is primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Cambridge Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was long-term care. This facility received an impressive long-term care grade, with a grade of B+ in the area. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.51852 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is this facility's worst category. However, even its weakest link would likely be a highlight for most nursing homes. We awarded it an above average grade of B in our short-term care category. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cambridge Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cambridge Care Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cambridge Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term residents which experienced falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cambridge Care Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who have had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cambridge Care Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cambridge Care Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cambridge Care Center, 3.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cambridge Care Center, 84.99% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cambridge Care Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cambridge Care Center, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cambridge Care Center, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cambridge Care Center, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 41 other nursing homes
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.4 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Mile High Pd (Dva)0.66 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)0.66 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)1.91 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)2.31 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)3.39 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)3.51 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)3.67 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)4.65 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672