CalvertHealth Medical Center is a very-small hospital-based nursing home located in Prince Frederick, Maryland. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the top grades we offer. A grade in this range requires first-rate scores across the board. We really can't say enough good things about this nursing home. The best part of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
CalvertHealth Medical Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Mar 1, 2019 by Nick Lata
100 Hospital Road,
Prince Frederick MD 20678
Note: Data for CalvertHealth Medical Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Prince Frederick senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2019
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection grades are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its elite profile, this facility also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, it received a score of A- for that category. Short-term care scores are meaningful for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about CalvertHealth Medical Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing grade features numerous datapoints. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our final area, this nursing home also performed well in the long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a B+ for this area. This completed a very strong profile. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
CalvertHealth Medical Center Quality Metrics
Frequency Of ER Visits
In CalvertHealth Medical Center, 0 ER visits per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of long-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In CalvertHealth Medical Center, 9.63 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In CalvertHealth Medical Center, 73.32% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Calverthealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.17 miles away100 Hospital Road Prince Frederick Maryland 20678Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 535-8240
- Medstar Saint Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.35 miles away25500 Point Lookout Road Leonardtown Maryland 20650Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 475-6001
- Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.81 miles away7503 Surratts Road Clinton Maryland 20735Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 868-8000
- Renal Carepartners - Prince Frederick0.64 miles away205 Steeple Chase Dr Ste 201 Prince Frederick Maryland 20678Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 414-8000
- Idf - Calvert Center1 miles away225 W Dares Beach Rd Prince Frederick Maryland 20678Dialysis Stations: 15 (410) 535-6300
- Fresenius Kidney Care Southern Maryland Home11.35 miles away28103 Three Notch Rd Suite 1 A Mechanicsville Maryland 20659Dialysis Stations: 1 (301) 884-6054
- Brook Dialysis, LLC16.65 miles away7651 Matapeake Business Drive Brandywine Maryland 20613Dialysis Stations: 22 (301) 782-7863
- Fmc - Waldorf17.52 miles away3510 Old Washington Road Suite 300 Waldorf Maryland 20603CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 870-0220
- Bma - Leonardtown18.09 miles away40865 Merchants Lane Leonardtown Maryland 20650CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 870-2174
- Fmc - Lexington Park Dialysis18.35 miles away44930 Worth Ave California Maryland 20619Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 737-6094
- Charles County Dialysis18.71 miles away4475 Regency Place Unit 102 & 103 White Plains Maryland 20695CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (301) 932-9874