Calimesa Post Acute is a nursing home in Yucaipa, California, a city with a population of 52,606 people. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Yucaipa. The city has just one other nursing home. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Calimesa Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Yucaipa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our short-term care rating. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. This nursing home provides more services with physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is usually a favorable sign. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Remarkably, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C for our nursing rating, which isn't a bad grade. Nursing ratings are largely associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Calimesa Post Acute?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's third highest score is long-term care. However, with a grade of D in this category, it still fared somewhat badly. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very solid percentage. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
In our last category of inspections, this facility received an abysmal grade. For nursing homes that received this bad of an inspection grade, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular facility had 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility also received 11 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Calimesa Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Calimesa Post Acute, 5.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Calimesa Post Acute, 1.85% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients which have suffered falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Calimesa Post Acute, 1.06% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Calimesa Post Acute, 7.32% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Calimesa Post Acute, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Calimesa Post Acute, 22.92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Calimesa Post Acute, 100% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Calimesa Post Acute, 17.36% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Some argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Calimesa Post Acute, 7.95% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Calimesa Post Acute, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Calimesa Post Acute, 7.95% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Calimesa Post Acute, 9.03% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Calimesa Post Acute, 83.91% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.87 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.23 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 18.29 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.39 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.47 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Davita-Yucaipa Dialysis Center2.49 miles away33487 Yucaipa Blvd. Yucaipa California 92399CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (909) 797-6200
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont7.54 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis9.28 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Fmc-Rai-Indiana Court-Redlands10.27 miles away1210 Indiana Court Redlands California 92374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 792-8880
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis10.8 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Davita-Highland Ranch Dialysis Center10.98 miles away7223 Church Street, Suite a-14 Highland California 92346CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 862-9670
- Fmc-Moreno Valley11.03 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Davita-Vista Heights Dialysis Center11.22 miles away12220 Perris Blvd, Ste A Moreno Valley California 92557Dialysis Stations: 37 (951) 242-5112