Calimesa Post Acute is a nursing home in Yucaipa, California, a city with a population of 52,606 people. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Yucaipa. The city has just two other nursing homes. Even though this facility received one encouraging category grade for short-term care, which you can find more information about below.
Calimesa Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
13542 Second St.,
Yucaipa CA 92399
96.09% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
While we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we gave it a C for short-term care. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be most critical for people in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second most respectable score was long-term care, but it nevertheless received just a D in that category. This turns out to be a well below average score. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 99.57627 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Calimesa Post Acute?
We were surprised to find that this nursing home also excelled in the area of nursing. We gave it a score of D for that category, which is one of our highest grades. When computing a facility's nursing rating, we consider the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This number is far below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Turning our last area of inspections, this nursing home received an F here. Since this data is collected by government inspectors, we heavily weight negative feedback in this category. We would advise paying close attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection grade. We would scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home had 8 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they posed a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 10 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Calimesa Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Calimesa Post Acute, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Calimesa Post Acute, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Calimesa Post Acute, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Calimesa Post Acute, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used to treat several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Calimesa Post Acute, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Calimesa Post Acute, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents showing depressive symptoms. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Calimesa Post Acute, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Calimesa Post Acute, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Calimesa Post Acute, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Calimesa Post Acute, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Calimesa Post Acute, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Calimesa Post Acute, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Calimesa Post Acute, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.87 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.23 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 18.29 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.39 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.47 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Davita-Yucaipa Dialysis Center2.49 miles away33487 Yucaipa Blvd. Yucaipa California 92399CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (909) 797-6200
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont7.54 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis9.28 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Fmc-Rai-Indiana Court-Redlands10.27 miles away1210 Indiana Court Redlands California 92374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 792-8880
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis10.8 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Davita-Highland Ranch Dialysis Center10.98 miles away7223 Church Street, Suite a-14 Highland California 92346CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 862-9670
- Fmc-Moreno Valley11.03 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Davita-Vista Heights Dialysis Center11.22 miles away12220 Perris Blvd, Ste A Moreno Valley California 92557Dialysis Stations: 37 (951) 242-5112