The Vineyards - California Armenian Home is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Fresno, California. We gave this facility an overall grade of C. A grade of this caliber requires some solid scores. We wanted to point out that Fresno received a city grade of B, so you may wish to look at other options in the city as well. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing score, which we will address in the next section.
The Vineyards - California Armenian Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a nursing score which is stronger than its overall grade. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. There are many factors included in this grade. Many of these factors reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an impressive long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a B in that category, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. For patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 93.51145 percent of its residents. This is a few points less than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about The Vineyards - California Armenian Home?
Turning to our inspection category, it appears this facility has received respectable inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a B- in this category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next category, this nursing home did not fare very well. With a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is this facility's worst grade. Short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Given its score in this area, we were not surprised to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. Finally, we considered the number of patients who returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Vineyards - California Armenian Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who have had UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term residents that were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 4.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 95.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Vineyards - California Armenian Home, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fresno, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Fresno, California has 19 other nursing homes
- Community Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away2823 Fresno Street Fresno California 93721Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 459-6000
- Clovis Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away2755 Herndon Ave Clovis California 93611Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 324-4000
- Saint Agnes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away1303 E Herndon Ave Fresno California 93710Voluntary non-profit - Church(559) 450-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FresnoAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away7300 North Fresno St Fresno California 93720Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 448-4500
- Valley Children's HospitalChildrens 12.63 miles away9300 Valley Childrens Place Madera California 93636Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 353-5116
- Fmc Fresno Airport East3.74 miles away1899 North Helm Ave Suite 101 Fresno California 93727Dialysis Stations: 24 (559) 452-1480
- Ash Tree Dialysis4.26 miles away2666 North Grove Industrial Drive Suite 106 Fresno California 93727CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (559) 251-1919
- Sanger Sequoia Dialysis Center5.77 miles away2517 Jensen Avenue Building B Sanger California 93657CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 876-3852
- Community Dialysis Center6.25 miles away215 North Fresno Street Suite 150 Fresno California 93701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (559) 459-3901
- San Joaquin Valley Dialysis6.56 miles away3636 North First #144 Fresno California 93726CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (559) 221-6311
- Community Dialysis Center - Clovis7.18 miles away501 North Medical Center Dr East, Suite 1100 Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 12 (559) 324-4030
- Fmc Clovis7.6 miles away2585 Alluvial Ave Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 25 (559) 324-8023
- Fmc North Fresno Dialysis7.63 miles away6737 N. Willow Bldg C Fresno California 93710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (559) 324-1070