Cadia Healthcare Silverside is a large facility located in Wilmington, Delaware. This nursing home received an excellent grade of A- overall. This is even better than the city grade of A- in Wilmington, which is also well above average. Even in a city featuring 11 other nursing homes, this one jumped off the page as a superb choice. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also quite good. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cadia Healthcare Silverside
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Wilmington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this facility also excelled at short-term care, where it received an A+. Few facilities performed better in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is more often than not a solid assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Turning to inspections, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. We awarded it an A- for that category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Cadia Healthcare Silverside?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was given favorable long-term care grades in our assessment. In fact, we awarded it one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 98.555954 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the senior population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Switching gears to our next category, this nursing home was awarded an extremely favorable nursing rating. Even though this was not as good as several of its other category grades, this is nevertheless one of our more impressive scores we offer. The nursing rating weighs many subcategories, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving residents more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cadia Healthcare Silverside Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 5.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 3.19% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have experienced a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 2.01% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which have suffered from UTI's. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 10.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 18.41% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 4.11% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression. Many believe this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 92.35% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 17.81% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 1.69 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 17.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 13.58 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cadia Healthcare Silverside, 77.07% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Wilmington, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Wilmington, Delaware has 10 other nursing homes
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 2.02 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 10.25 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.7 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.46 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 16.6 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc1.49 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center2.21 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.3.11 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington3.25 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Riverside Park3.39 miles awayRiverside Medical Arts Complex, Suite g2 700 W. Lea Boulevard Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 762-8585
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington4.05 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington5.13 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine5.26 miles away303 a Street Wilmington Delaware 19801Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 658-7469