Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek is a large nursing home located in Wilmington, Delaware. This nursing home proved to be a respectable facility, with an overall grade of B-. Despite Wilmington having 11 nursing homes to select from, this nursing home turns out to be a quality selection. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Wilmington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home earned an elite short-term care grade. In fact, we gave this nursing home an A in this area, which really helped its overall grade. Our short-term care scores are arguably more meaningful for residents needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a positive score in long-term care. This facility received a B in this area, which happens to be one of our better grades. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek?
Turning to our inspection category, it appears this facility has received respectable inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a B- in this category. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
The next category we scored was nursing, was this nursing home's weakest category. We awarded this facility a D in this category. This really is one of just a few weak links in a quality report card. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This facility offered only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 5.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 3.19% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 2.01% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 10.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 18.41% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 4.11% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 92.35% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 17.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 1.69 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 17.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 13.58 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 77.07% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Wilmington, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Wilmington, Delaware has 10 other nursing homes
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 3.39 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 8.21 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Jennersville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away1015 West Baltimore Pike West Grove Pennsylvania 19390Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 869-1000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.39 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.32 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.96 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Brandywine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.62 miles away201 Reeceville Road Coatesville Pennsylvania 19320Proprietary(610) 383-8000
- American Universal - Hockessin1.63 miles away5936 Limestone Road, Suite 101 Hockessin Delaware 19707Dialysis Stations: 11 (302) 239-4106
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine Home Therapies3.24 miles away4923 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Suite 210 Newark Delaware 19713Dialysis Stations: 3 (302) 998-7568
- Christiana Care Health System3.24 miles awayHemodialysis Unit, Christiana Hospital 4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road, p.o. Box 6001 Newark Delaware 19718Dialysis Stations: 21 (302) 733-1020
- Fresenius Medical Care Northern Delaware, LLC.3.62 miles awayLantana Square Shopping Center 214 Lantana Drive Hockessin Delaware 19707Dialysis Stations: 9 (302) 239-4704
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Newport Pike4.52 miles away605 W. Newport Pike Wilmington Delaware 19804Dialysis Stations: 16 (302) 633-6228
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware, Inc.4.53 miles away230 E. Main Street, Unit 325 Newark Delaware 19711Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 366-0129
- Wilmington Veterans Administration Medical Center4.77 miles away1601 Kirkwood Highway Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 5 (302) 994-2511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington5.63 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177