Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek is a large nursing home located in Wilmington, Delaware. This nursing home proved to be a respectable facility, with an overall grade of C. In our view, this place ought to be a solid choice for most people. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home excelled in our short-term care category, with an A- in this area. Our short-term care scores are important for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing. This means a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Our nursing rating weighs several components, but the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, we also assessed several nursing quality measures. Although this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of these quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared well in this subcategory. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving patients more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is long-term care, turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive area. We gave this facility a D in this area. Long-term care scores in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 91.53846 percent of its residents, which is a few points less than we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 5.95% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which experienced urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 19.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 3.38% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 94.32% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 15.2% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 21.99% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 1.37 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 21.99 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 10.41 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, 76.04% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Wilmington, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Wilmington, Delaware has 15 other nursing homes
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 3.39 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 8.21 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Jennersville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away1015 West Baltimore Pike West Grove Pennsylvania 19390Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 869-1000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.39 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.32 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.96 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Brandywine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.62 miles away201 Reeceville Road Coatesville Pennsylvania 19320Proprietary(610) 383-8000
- American Universal - Hockessin1.63 miles away5936 Limestone Road, Suite 101 Hockessin Delaware 19707Dialysis Stations: 11 (302) 239-4106
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine Home Therapies3.24 miles away4923 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Suite 210 Newark Delaware 19713Dialysis Stations: 3 (302) 998-7568
- Christiana Care Health System3.24 miles awayHemodialysis Unit, Christiana Hospital 4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road, p.o. Box 6001 Newark Delaware 19718Dialysis Stations: 21 (302) 733-1020
- Fresenius Medical Care Northern Delaware, LLC.3.62 miles awayLantana Square Shopping Center 214 Lantana Drive Hockessin Delaware 19707Dialysis Stations: 9 (302) 239-4704
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Newport Pike4.52 miles away605 W. Newport Pike Wilmington Delaware 19804Dialysis Stations: 16 (302) 633-6228
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware, Inc.4.53 miles away230 E. Main Street, Unit 325 Newark Delaware 19711Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 366-0129
- Wilmington Veterans Administration Medical Center4.77 miles away1601 Kirkwood Highway Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 5 (302) 994-2511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington5.63 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177