C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey is located in Columbia, South Carolina. This city is one of the largest cities in the country with has 333,497 people. This is an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating system requires excellent scores across the board. This is really as good of a place as you're going to find. As you can see below, this facility performed equally well in our category scores. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2200 Harden Street,
Columbia SC 29203
33.57% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Nursing scores are largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning residents more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey?
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its remarkable profile, this nursing home also was given an excellent short-term care score, with a grade of A. With our short-term care grade, we seek to create a meaningful measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In addition, this facility also earned a virtually flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with a grade of A-. With this impressive grade, this place is one of the few facilities in South Carolina to receive straight A's. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 9.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents that suffered a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 3.18% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 15.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 19.68% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 2.85% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 88.92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 14.02% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 20.24% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 1.69 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 20.24 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Columbia, SC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Columbia, South Carolina has 10 other nursing homes
- Prisma Health Richland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.79 miles away5 Medical Park Columbia South Carolina 29203Voluntary non-profit - Private(803) 296-2548
- Prisma Health BaptistAcute Care Hospitals 0.97 miles away1330 Taylor at Marion St Columbia South Carolina 29220Voluntary non-profit - Private(803) 296-5678
- Lexington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away2720 Sunset Blvd West Columbia South Carolina 29169Government - Hospital District or Authority(803) 791-2000
- Providence HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away120 Gateway Corporate Blvd Columbia South Carolina 29203Proprietary(803) 256-5300
- Fresenius Medical Care South Columbia0.57 miles away2139 Adams Grove Road Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 779-4073
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia0.57 miles away2125 Adams Grove Rd Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (803) 779-7511
- Fresenius Medical Care Midtown1.05 miles away150 Park Central Drive Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (803) 771-0107
- Central Columbia Kidney Center1.1 miles away3511 Medical Drive Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 25 (803) 771-0518
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia Home1.13 miles away121 Park Central Dr Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 2 (803) 799-1266
- North Main Kidney Center1.57 miles away3900 North Main Street Suite A Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 779-1201
- Fmc Meadowlake Dialysis4.54 miles away7631 Wilson Blvd Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 754-7377
- Dentsville Kidney Center4.71 miles away201 Columbia Mall Blvd Suite 141 Columbia South Carolina 29223Dialysis Stations: 10 (803) 865-1068