C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey is located in Columbia, South Carolina. This city is one of the largest cities in the country with has 333,497 people. This is an A rated facility. This nursing home received one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. A grade in this range requires superb scores across the board. This is really as good of a facility as you'll find. As you can see below, this nursing home performed equally well in our category grades. We gave it a straight A report card!
C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was short-term care. Contributing to its superb profile, this facility also performed well in that area. In fact, we gave it a grade of of A for the category. Our short-term care grade is generally used to assess a facility's rehabilitation services In order to provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it earned an elite grade of A-. This wrapped up a straight A report card for this nursing home. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite minor. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 9.68% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 3.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 3.26% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 14.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 19.83% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 2.74% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 88.77% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 14.72% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 22.47% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 1.55 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 22.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In C M Tucker Nursing Care Center / Roddey, 12.88 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Scores for Columbia, SC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Columbia, South Carolina has 10 other nursing homes
- Prisma Health Richland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.79 miles away5 Medical Park Columbia South Carolina 29203Voluntary non-profit - Private(803) 296-2548
- Prisma Health BaptistAcute Care Hospitals 0.97 miles away1330 Taylor at Marion St Columbia South Carolina 29220Voluntary non-profit - Private(803) 296-5678
- Lexington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away2720 Sunset Blvd West Columbia South Carolina 29169Government - Hospital District or Authority(803) 791-2000
- Providence HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away120 Gateway Corporate Blvd Columbia South Carolina 29203Proprietary(803) 256-5300
- Fresenius Medical Care South Columbia0.57 miles away2139 Adams Grove Road Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 779-4073
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia0.57 miles away2125 Adams Grove Rd Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (803) 779-7511
- Fresenius Medical Care Midtown1.05 miles away150 Park Central Drive Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (803) 771-0107
- Central Columbia Kidney Center1.1 miles away3511 Medical Drive Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 25 (803) 771-0518
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia Home1.13 miles away121 Park Central Dr Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 2 (803) 799-1266
- North Main Kidney Center1.57 miles away3900 North Main Street Suite A Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 779-1201
- Fmc Meadowlake Dialysis4.54 miles away7631 Wilson Blvd Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 754-7377
- Dentsville Kidney Center4.71 miles away201 Columbia Mall Blvd Suite 141 Columbia South Carolina 29223Dialysis Stations: 10 (803) 865-1068