Burgess Square Healthcare Center is a very-large facility located in Westmont, Illinois. After receiving an overall score of A, this nursing home is one of the highest-rated facilities we found. In our view, this facility looks like a great choice for just about anybody. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Burgess Square Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Best Nursing Home in Westmont, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Westmont, Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Westmont, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall grade, this facility received an A+ for short-term care. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Inspection ratings are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Burgess Square Healthcare Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. When computing a facility's nursing grade, we consider the amount of time nurses are seeing patients and the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning patients more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded an impressive nursing score in our assessment, with a grade of B. While this isn't nearly as dominant as many of its other scores, this is still one of the more favorable scores in that area. Facilities that do well in this category tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the data points we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.23009 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize negative health outcomes for the nursing home population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Burgess Square Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients which sustained a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents which were given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 30.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 87.4% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels. Many would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.24 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Fmc - Willowbrook2.18 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center3.01 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Davita - Woodridge at Home3.97 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC4.14 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC4.14 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Fkc - Woodridge4.17 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Nx Stage Kidney Care5.1 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Nocturnal Dialysis Spa5.32 miles away1634 S. Ardmore Ave Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 812-7933