Burgess Square Healthcare Center is a very-large facility located in Westmont, Illinois. After receiving an overall score of A, this nursing home is one of the highest-rated facilities we found. In our view, this facility looks like a great choice for just about anybody. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Burgess Square Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall grade, this facility received an A+ for short-term care. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Inspection ratings are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Burgess Square Healthcare Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. When computing a facility's nursing grade, we consider the amount of time nurses are seeing patients and the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning patients more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded an impressive nursing score in our assessment, with a grade of B. While this isn't nearly as dominant as many of its other scores, this is still one of the more favorable scores in that area. Facilities that do well in this category tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the data points we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 95.454544 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Burgess Square Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 29.8% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 87.49% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Burgess Square Healthcare Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.24 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Fmc - Willowbrook2.18 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center3.01 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Davita - Woodridge at Home3.97 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC4.14 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC4.14 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Fkc - Woodridge4.17 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Nx Stage Kidney Care5.1 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Nocturnal Dialysis Spa5.32 miles away1634 S. Ardmore Ave Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 812-7933