Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods is a facility located in Atlanta, Georgia which has a population of 900,273 people. This proved to be an A rated facility. It was given one of the top grades that we offer. A score of this caliber requires top-notch marks across the board. Atlanta features many nursing homes, but it is doubtful you will need to visit too many others. This one is a first-rate option. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which are also impressive. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1833 Clifton Road, Ne,
Atlanta GA 30329
54.44% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Best Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Atlanta, Georgia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections are nearly flawless. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end assessment, this nursing home also was given a superb short-term care score, with a grade of A. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is generally a useful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods?
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate resume, this nursing home also was awarded a strong long-term care score, with a grade of A. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 97.984886 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the final area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for our nursing rating. This completed a very strong profile. When computing our nursing grades, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 5.28% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 93.36% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Budd Terrace at Wesley Woods, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Atlanta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Atlanta, Georgia has 21 other nursing homes
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 0.82 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.92 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.89 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 3.83 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 7.4 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Southern Lane Dialysis1.14 miles away1840 Southern Lane Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 16 (404) 325-8884
- Emory Dialysis LLC1.84 miles away2165 North Decatur Road Suite 100 Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 22 (404) 251-2330
- Dci Dekalb2.45 miles away558 Medlock Road Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 12 (404) 371-0499
- Fmcna Dialysis Services of Decatur2.74 miles away2721 Irwin Way Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 21 (404) 298-5450
- Ford Factory Square Dialysis3.05 miles away567 North Ave Ne Suite 100 Atlanta Georgia 30308CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (404) 745-9581
- Atlanta Dialysis3.05 miles away567 North Ave Ne Ste 200 Atlanta Georgia 30308Dialysis Stations: 28 (404) 853-1662
- Fmc of Dekalb Gwinnett Inc3.06 miles away497 Winn Way Suite 160 Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 294-7070
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc.3.44 miles away240 Ponce De Leon Ave Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (404) 815-4667