Buckner Villa Siesta Home is in Austin, Texas, which appears to have more than 20 nursing homes. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is one of our more impressive grades. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as one of the highest rated nursing homes in Austin. If you look below, you will see this facility's category scores, which are also quite good.
Buckner Villa Siesta Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine profile, this nursing home also was awarded a strong short-term care grade, with a score of A-. Short-term care scores are vital for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Buckner Villa Siesta Home?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was strong in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.44444 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Moving on to the next area, this nursing home was given a very strong nursing score. Even though this wasn't as elite as many of its other category grades, this is nevertheless one of the more favorable grades a facility can receive. In computing our nursing scores, we factor in both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Texas in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Buckner Villa Siesta Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used to treat several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 4.66% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 94.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 25 other nursing homes
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 5.19 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- Dell Seton Med Center at the University of TxAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away601 E 15th Street Austin Texas 78701Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-7000
- Satellite Dialysis Metric2.85 miles away10000 Metric Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (512) 977-0300
- Nna - North3.38 miles away12221 Renfert Way Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (512) 873-0346
- Wellbound of Austin3.69 miles away12176 N Mo Pac Expressway, Suite A Austin Texas 78758Dialysis Stations: 4 (512) 833-6695
- Satellite Healthcare Mueller5.03 miles away1801 East 51st Street Bldg G Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (512) 927-0300
- Bluebonnet Dialysis5.06 miles away3601 Manor Rd Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (512) 926-7378
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas5.06 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213
- Madison Dialysis, LLC5.13 miles away11150 Research Blvd. Austin Texas 78759Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 342-1097
- Waterloo Dialysis Center5.16 miles away5310 Burnet Road Unit 122 Austin Texas 78756CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 420-9403