Buckner Villa Siesta Home is in Austin, Texas. The city provides a host of options. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our higher scores. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as one of the five highest graded facilities in Austin. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Buckner Villa Siesta Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Austin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its dominant assessments in other areas, we gave this facility a score of A for its long-term care score. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Buckner Villa Siesta Home?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, this nursing home received a top-shelf short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that area. In computing our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is generally a fair measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The next area we assessed is nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home an acceptable grade of B-. This ended up being this facility's weakest area. We scrutinized the levels of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours the nurses spent with patients, in determining our score in this category. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Buckner Villa Siesta Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 13.38% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents which developed pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 4.81% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 9.69% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 7.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 1.55% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 97.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 7.95% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 4.57% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 4.57% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 6.41% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 83.73% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 5.19 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- Dell Seton Med Center at the University of TxAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away601 E 15th Street Austin Texas 78701Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-7000
- Satellite Dialysis Metric2.85 miles away10000 Metric Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (512) 977-0300
- Nna - North3.38 miles away12221 Renfert Way Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (512) 873-0346
- Wellbound of Austin3.69 miles away12176 N Mo Pac Expressway, Suite A Austin Texas 78758Dialysis Stations: 4 (512) 833-6695
- Satellite Healthcare Mueller5.03 miles away1801 East 51st Street Bldg G Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (512) 927-0300
- Bluebonnet Dialysis5.06 miles away3601 Manor Rd Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (512) 926-7378
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas5.06 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213
- Madison Dialysis, LLC5.13 miles away11150 Research Blvd. Austin Texas 78759Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 342-1097
- Waterloo Dialysis Center5.16 miles away5310 Burnet Road Unit 122 Austin Texas 78756CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 420-9403