Buckner Villa Siesta Home is in Austin, Texas, which appears to have more than 20 nursing homes. This nursing home proved to be a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. This nursing home proved to be one of the better facilities in the city, which boasts a good selection of facilities. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Buckner Villa Siesta Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
11110 Tom Adams Dr,
Austin TX 78753
83.02% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. Our inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home truly excelled in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of A. Only a select group of nursing homes performed more favorably in this area. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This is a great way to avoid negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Buckner Villa Siesta Home?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received its next best category score in the category of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a B- in this area, which is a respectable grade. With our short-term care score, we seek to forge a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents that were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below the national average.
This facility's weakest area is nursing, which is the final area we analyzed. In this category, we awarded this facility a D. We would like to to draw your attention to this possible weakness, but you shouldn't dwell on a single bad category either. Our nursing score is primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Buckner Villa Siesta Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who suffered a fall leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients which suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 4.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some experts believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Buckner Villa Siesta Home, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 25 other nursing homes
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 5.19 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- Dell Seton Med Center at the University of TxAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away601 E 15th Street Austin Texas 78701Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-7000
- Satellite Dialysis Metric2.85 miles away10000 Metric Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (512) 977-0300
- Nna - North3.38 miles away12221 Renfert Way Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (512) 873-0346
- Wellbound of Austin3.69 miles away12176 N Mo Pac Expressway, Suite A Austin Texas 78758Dialysis Stations: 4 (512) 833-6695
- Satellite Healthcare Mueller5.03 miles away1801 East 51st Street Bldg G Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (512) 927-0300
- Bluebonnet Dialysis5.06 miles away3601 Manor Rd Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (512) 926-7378
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas5.06 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213
- Madison Dialysis, LLC5.13 miles away11150 Research Blvd. Austin Texas 78759Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 342-1097
- Waterloo Dialysis Center5.16 miles away5310 Burnet Road Unit 122 Austin Texas 78756CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 420-9403