Buckingham Pavilion is a facility located in Chicago, Illinois which has 2,680,484 people. This is a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. Even in a city with 81 other nursing homes, this one ought to be a perfectly acceptable selection. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall performance, we awarded this facility a grade of A for the area of inspections. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to this facility's list of accomplishments, it also received a fine long-term care grade. We gave them a dominant strong of A- in this category. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 91.89189 percent of its residents, which is a bit lower than we expected. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Buckingham Pavilion?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing grade is largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Our next category is short-term care, where we gave this nursing home a grade of C in this area. Short-term care grades are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 4.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Buckingham Pavilion Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Buckingham Pavilion, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Buckingham Pavilion, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Buckingham Pavilion, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who experienced UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Buckingham Pavilion, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Buckingham Pavilion, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Buckingham Pavilion, 29.8% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Buckingham Pavilion, 87.49% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Buckingham Pavilion, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Buckingham Pavilion, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
In Buckingham Pavilion, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Buckingham Pavilion, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Buckingham Pavilion, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Buckingham Pavilion, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.56 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 2.99 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 3.73 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away836 West Wellington Avenue Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 975-1600
- Fmc - Rogers Park0.69 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center2.01 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC2.29 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis3.65 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston3.77 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Fmc - Na Lakeview Dialysis3.9 miles away4008 North Broadway Ave., Suite 1200 Chicago Illinois 60613Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 248-3105
- Fmc - Uptown3.91 miles away4700 N. Marine Drive, Suite 204 Chicago Illinois 60640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 989-8082
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis3.96 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714