Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a nursing home located in Westerville, Ohio, which has 85,937 people. This facility was given an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. Westerville received a city grade of B-, so there are some other options in the city worth looking at. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this place earned a decent grade in the area of long-term care. We provide additional information about this category below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Westerville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home had 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This indicates that it dodged the more ominous categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received some government fines in recent years.
We also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's poor nursing grade where it received an F. When computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the number of hours nurses commit to residents and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility wound up receiving a a terrible grade in our short-term care area. It received an F in this category. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Given its weak score in this area, we weren't shocked to find this nursing home offered far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is long-term care, where this nursing home received a bottom of the barrel grade in this category also. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is obviously a major disappointment. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes provide. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. Unfortunately, this facility vaccinated a relatively low 82.47423 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that have suffered falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 21.39% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 88.91% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Buckeye Terrace Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.58 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.13 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 12.57 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 13.83 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Fmc- Westerville Dialysis0.31 miles away477 Cooper Road Suite 140 Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 895-2705
- Davita - Parkside Dialysis1.57 miles away241 W. Schrock Road Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 18 (614) 882-1734
- Kidney Center of Columbus North3.94 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Davita Minerva Park Dialysis5.02 miles away4401 Cleveland Avenue Columbus Ohio 43224Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 478-9604
- Fmc - Central Ohio5.34 miles away4661 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 840-0012
- Total Renal Care, Inc.6.31 miles away6530 W. Campus Oval, Suite 100 New Albany Ohio 43054Dialysis Stations: 8 (614) 855-3445
- Fresenius Medical Care New Albany LLC7.03 miles away991 E. Johnstown Rd. Columbus Ohio 43230Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 855-3677
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.7.49 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060