Located in Milton, Massachusetts, Brush Hill Care Center is the lone option we were able to find there. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road score. Based on our assessment, this nursing home should be a good fit for most people. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Brush Hill Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall grade, this nursing home really excelled in nursing, where it received an A-. There are numerous factors included in this category. Many of the datapoints reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
This nursing home's inspection grade also was better than its overall score. Due to a quality inspection report this year, it received one of our better scores in that category with a B. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Brush Hill Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third highest category is long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B-. Our long-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's volume of care. This includes a vast range of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit worried that this nursing home gave the vaccine to only 51.247166 percent of its residents. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final area, this facility received a respectable short-term care grade of C. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brush Hill Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brush Hill Care Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered from pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brush Hill Care Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brush Hill Care Center, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brush Hill Care Center, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brush Hill Care Center, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brush Hill Care Center, 1.95% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brush Hill Care Center, 91.63% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brush Hill Care Center, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brush Hill Care Center, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Brush Hill Care Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brush Hill Care Center, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brush Hill Care Center, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brush Hill Care Center, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 5.38 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Brigham and Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 732-5500
- Boston Children's HospitalChildrens 7.57 miles away300 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 735-6000
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)3.33 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)4.47 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Dci Brigham/Faulkner5.56 miles awayDci Brigham/Faulkner 1153 Centre Street, Belkin House Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 983-4470
- Mary Eliza Mahoney Dialysis Center (Bma of Massachusetts)6.39 miles away416 Warren Street Roxbury Massachusetts 02119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (617) 445-9989
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility6.59 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Us Renal Care Quincy6.75 miles away500 Victory Road Quincy Massachusetts 02171Dialysis Stations: 10 (617) 472-7800
- Davita Brookline Dialysis7.2 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC7.45 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550