Located in Milton, Massachusetts, Brush Hill Care Center is the lone option we were able to find there. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road score. Based on our assessment, this nursing home should be a good fit for most people. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its strong long-term care grade, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brush Hill Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Milton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facility really performed well in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of A-. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 76.7033 percent of its residents. This is a few points less than we expected. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Inspections is another area where this facility excelled. We gave this facility an B+ for our inspections rating. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Brush Hill Care Center?
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving patients at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category is short-term care, which is the last category we scored. In this area, we awarded this facility a D. Short-term care scores are crucial for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.2 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brush Hill Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brush Hill Care Center, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brush Hill Care Center, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brush Hill Care Center, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brush Hill Care Center, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brush Hill Care Center, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brush Hill Care Center, 2.48% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brush Hill Care Center, 91.39% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brush Hill Care Center, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brush Hill Care Center, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Brush Hill Care Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brush Hill Care Center, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brush Hill Care Center, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brush Hill Care Center, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 5.38 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Brigham and Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 732-5500
- Boston Children's HospitalChildrens 7.57 miles away300 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 735-6000
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)3.33 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)4.47 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Dci Brigham/Faulkner5.56 miles awayDci Brigham/Faulkner 1153 Centre Street, Belkin House Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 983-4470
- Mary Eliza Mahoney Dialysis Center (Bma of Massachusetts)6.39 miles away416 Warren Street Roxbury Massachusetts 02119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (617) 445-9989
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility6.59 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Us Renal Care Quincy6.75 miles away500 Victory Road Quincy Massachusetts 02171Dialysis Stations: 10 (617) 472-7800
- Davita Brookline Dialysis7.2 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC7.45 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550