Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care is a facility in Brunswick, Ohio, a city with a population of 43,548 people. This facility was given an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. You could definitely do worse than this place. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its exemplary inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's deficiencies. We wish we had more information about this nursing home. Without having deficiency data, it ended up being difficult to really assess this nursing home in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
Another strength of this nursing home is its elite grade in short-term care. We gave it one of our best scores in that category, with a score of A-. In determining our short-term care ratings, we look at a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This area is generally a meaningful measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care?
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of D. Nursing scores are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This place offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was long-term care, which turned out to be this facility's least impressive area. It received an abysmal F for this area, which is obviously very disappointing. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 93.82716 percent of its residents, which is a bit below what we were hoping for. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffered falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents which experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 20% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 90.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.1 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.33 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.55 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Lodi Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.02 miles away225 Elyria Street Lodi Ohio 44254Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 948-1222
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.03 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.33 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Davita - Kidney Center of Brunswick1.22 miles away3812 Center Road, Suite 101 Brunswick Ohio 44212Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 220-4502
- Nxstage Cleveland, LLC1.89 miles away1418 Town Center Blvd a-30 Brunswick Ohio 44212Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 558-8744
- Fmc - Brunswick Dialysis Center3.42 miles away2583-2585 Center Road Hinckley Ohio 44233Dialysis Stations: 19 (330) 220-4366
- Davita Dialysis - Strongsville4.36 miles away17792 Pearl Rd. Strongsville Ohio 44136CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 238-9270
- Davita Medina Square Dialysis5.64 miles away740 North Court Street Medina Ohio 44256Dialysis Stations: 8 (330) 721-7824
- Fmc - Medina County Kidney Center6.18 miles away3995 Medina Road #150 Medina Ohio 44256Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 764-1019
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis9.72 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights11.08 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916