Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care is a facility in Brunswick, Ohio, a city with a population of 43,548 people. This facility was given an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. You could definitely do worse than this place. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its exemplary inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4355 Laurel Road,
Brunswick OH 44212
90.32% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's deficiencies. We wish we had more information about this nursing home. Without having deficiency data, it ended up being difficult to really assess this nursing home in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's higher category scores came in the area of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B+. It actually performed better than most nursing homes in this area. In determining our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is generally a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing grade. We gave this facility an impressive grade of D. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This number is significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this area, which is an abysmal grade. This is clearly a significant disappointment. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 94.4 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term residents who suffered a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 20.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brunswick Pointe Transitional Care, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.1 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.33 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.55 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Lodi Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.02 miles away225 Elyria Street Lodi Ohio 44254Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 948-1222
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.03 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.33 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Davita - Kidney Center of Brunswick1.22 miles away3812 Center Road, Suite 101 Brunswick Ohio 44212Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 220-4502
- Nxstage Cleveland, LLC1.89 miles away1418 Town Center Blvd a-30 Brunswick Ohio 44212Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 558-8744
- Fmc - Brunswick Dialysis Center3.42 miles away2583-2585 Center Road Hinckley Ohio 44233Dialysis Stations: 19 (330) 220-4366
- Davita Dialysis - Strongsville4.36 miles away17792 Pearl Rd. Strongsville Ohio 44136CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 238-9270
- Davita Medina Square Dialysis5.64 miles away740 North Court Street Medina Ohio 44256Dialysis Stations: 8 (330) 721-7824
- Fmc - Medina County Kidney Center6.18 miles away3995 Medina Road #150 Medina Ohio 44256Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 764-1019
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis9.72 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights11.08 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916