Located in Brownsburg, Indiana, Brownsburg Health Care Center is the sole facility we found in this area. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some solid marks. Based on our analysis, there are certainly far worse places out there. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brownsburg Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Brownsburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
It should be noted that this nursing home's inspection score outpaced its overall grade. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for its inspections grade, which is a very solid score. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
This nursing home also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. Few facilities performed better in this category. There are many criteria included in this grade. Most of these subcategories are tied to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Brownsburg Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable area is short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. In computing these short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The real question is whether this also impacted quality of care. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care, which ended up being a low point for this nursing home. We awarded this facility a grade of D in our long-term care category. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 97.297295 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brownsburg Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 4.41% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 1.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 0.55% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 15.82% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 19.63% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 0.56% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 95.92% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 20.25% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 26.64% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 0.52 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 26.64% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 6.32% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brownsburg Health Care Center, 67.44% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.85 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.05 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic1.92 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Davita - Eagle Highlands5.28 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Davita - Avon Dialysis5.35 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center6.9 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West7.04 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Fmc - Hendricks County7.69 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Davita - Westview Dialysis8.22 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Davita - Plainfield9.81 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089