Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This facility is one of the highest-rated facilities we assessed. This nursing home was given one of the top ratings we offer. Even with Fort Lauderdale featuring 19 other nursing homes to choose from, this facility stood out as a first-rate selection. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category grades, which are also quite good.
Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received a very impressive inspection grade. Inspections ended up being its best category. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A. The nursing rating weighs a handful of factors, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a dominant long-term care score. This actually is this facility's third strongest category score. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A-. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 89.97494 percent of its patients, which is slightly less than we anticipated. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth category we analyzed is short-term care, where this nursing home was given a B+. This completed a very favorable report card. Only a select few nursing homes received a B+ or better in every category. Our short-term care scores are believed to be most important for patients needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which sustained a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients which experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 18 other nursing homes
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 9.96 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- East Ft Lauderdale Dialysis Center LLC0.12 miles away1301 S Andrews Ave Suite 101 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33315CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 761-1273
- Fmc Dialysis Services - Ft Lauderdale2.21 miles away3863 W Broward Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33312CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 321-7772
- Broward Dialysis3.25 miles away1500 N Federal Hwy #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33304Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 396-8990
- Kidney Kare Outpatient Services3.66 miles away326 E Dania Beach Blvd Dania Florida 33004Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 923-3855
- Advanced Dialysis Center of Ft Lauderdale4.28 miles away911 E Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 318-7000
- Fresenius Kidney Care-East Fort Lauderdale4.52 miles away2301 W Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33311Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 676-3897
- Lauderhill Dialysis5.41 miles away2916 N State Road 7 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33313CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 731-6044
- Renal Care Partners Home Program5.87 miles away4970 Sw 52nd St #304 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33314Dialysis Stations: 10 (954) 791-7301