Located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is one of eight facilities in this area. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most elite nursing homes we found. This nursing home was given one of the best grades we offer. At the end of the day, this facility would be a great choice for just about anybody. If you look further down this page, you will see this place's category scores, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fort Lauderdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. This nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong resume, this nursing home also was given a strong long-term care score, with a score of A. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 62.703964 percent of its residents. This is slightly below what we were hoping for. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the amount of time nurses are caring for residents as well as the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B. This actually proved to be this facility's worst area. A nursing home could be doing a lot worse when it's weakest grade still is superior to most nursing homes. Our short-term care grades are presumably more important for patients in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 15.27% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.9% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents which sustained a UTI. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.29% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 26.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term stay residents that are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 66.94% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 12.54% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.93% of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.93% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.25% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 69.08% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 9.96 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- East Ft Lauderdale Dialysis Center LLC0.12 miles away1301 S Andrews Ave Suite 101 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33315CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 761-1273
- Fmc Dialysis Services - Ft Lauderdale2.21 miles away3863 W Broward Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33312CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 321-7772
- Broward Dialysis3.25 miles away1500 N Federal Hwy #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33304Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 396-8990
- Kidney Kare Outpatient Services3.66 miles away326 E Dania Beach Blvd Dania Florida 33004Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 923-3855
- Advanced Dialysis Center of Ft Lauderdale4.28 miles away911 E Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 318-7000
- Fresenius Kidney Care-East Fort Lauderdale4.52 miles away2301 W Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33311Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 676-3897
- Lauderhill Dialysis5.41 miles away2916 N State Road 7 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33313CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 731-6044
- Renal Care Partners Home Program5.87 miles away4970 Sw 52nd St #304 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33314Dialysis Stations: 10 (954) 791-7301