Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a very-large nursing home located in Broomfield, Colorado. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this is a very good nursing home. Based on our assessment, you can do much worse than this facility. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Broomfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Our inspection scores are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing score is primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care. This nursing home received a very positive short-term care grade, with a grade of B+ in the area. Short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. It does not look like this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a solid grade in this area, with a grade of B-. While this was not as favorable as several of this facility's other scores, it is still not a major area of concern. In the area of long-term care, we look at the quantity of care offered by a facility, as opposed to more sophisticated services. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 71.06691 percent of its patients. This is many points lower than average. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who have experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents which are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 84.62% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away200 Exempla Circle Lafayette Colorado 80026Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 689-4000
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- Centura Health-Avista Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away100 Health Park Dr Louisville Colorado 80027Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 673-1280
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Foothills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away4747 Arapahoe Avenue Boulder Colorado 80303Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 415-7000
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.51 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)2.55 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- North Metro Denver Dialysis (Dva)3.02 miles away12365 Huron St Ste 500 Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 451-9093
- Kidney Center of Lafayette (Ara)4.74 miles away2655 Crescent Dr Ste C Lafayette Colorado 80026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (720) 890-4661
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)5.87 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)6.02 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)6.79 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)6.87 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)9.68 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127