Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is one of only two nursing homes located in Broomfield, Colorado. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this is undoubtedly a high quality nursing home. We couldn't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its grades are just impeccable. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also would like to emphasize that this facility has earned excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a high-end long-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be this facility's second strongest category score. In that category, this facility received a score of A-. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 72.015656 percent of its patients. This is somewhat less than we expected but still a decent percentage. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. The nursing score analyzes many subcategories, however, the main consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Colorado in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving patients even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is short-term care. This facility was given a strong nursing rating this year, with a B. Although this isn't as impressive as a few of its other grades, this remains one of our better scores in this area. Short-term care scores are vital for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 84.99% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away200 Exempla Circle Lafayette Colorado 80026Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 689-4000
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- Centura Health-Avista Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away100 Health Park Dr Louisville Colorado 80027Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 673-1280
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Foothills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away4747 Arapahoe Avenue Boulder Colorado 80303Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 415-7000
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.51 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)2.55 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- North Metro Denver Dialysis (Dva)3.02 miles away12365 Huron St Ste 500 Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 451-9093
- Kidney Center of Lafayette (Ara)4.74 miles away2655 Crescent Dr Ste C Lafayette Colorado 80026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (720) 890-4661
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)5.87 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)6.02 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)6.79 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)6.87 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)9.68 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127