Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is one of only two nursing homes located in Broomfield, Colorado. Featuring an overall grade of B-, this is a respectable nursing home. Based on our analysis, there are definitely far worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this nursing home's report card was is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. When computing a facility's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses are seeing residents as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next highest category ended up being long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a B-. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were disappointed to learn that this nursing home vaccinated just 74.27386 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home was awarded a decent short-term care grade of C. In calculating our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is frequently a useful measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 85.7% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broomfield Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away200 Exempla Circle Lafayette Colorado 80026Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 689-4000
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- Centura Health-Avista Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away100 Health Park Dr Louisville Colorado 80027Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 673-1280
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Foothills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away4747 Arapahoe Avenue Boulder Colorado 80303Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 415-7000
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.51 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)2.55 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- North Metro Denver Dialysis (Dva)3.02 miles away12365 Huron St Ste 500 Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 451-9093
- Kidney Center of Lafayette (Ara)4.74 miles away2655 Crescent Dr Ste C Lafayette Colorado 80026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (720) 890-4661
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)5.87 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)6.02 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)6.79 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)6.87 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)9.68 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127