Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a very-large nursing home located in Broomall, Pennsylvania. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road score. You could definitely do worse than this facility. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
50 North Malin Road,
Broomall PA 19008
57.85% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned an inspection grade which is better than its overall rating. Inspection ratings are tied to a nursing home's recent inspections. We awarded this facility a very solid grade of B+ in this area. Inspection scores are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
This facility's second best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. Our nursing score is largely associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third best category turned out to be short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a B-. In determining our short-term care grades, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is generally a fair assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. In fact, it offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was long-term care. In this category, we awarded this facility a C. Our long-term care grade assesses a facility's personal care instead of the highly skilled therapy or healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated a relatively low 38.398693 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who have had UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 88.22% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broomall Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.89 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 9.47 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis1.22 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Freedom Dialysis LLC3.26 miles away940 E. Haverford Road, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 2 (610) 520-7277
- Renal Care Group East, Inc.3.56 miles away780 W Lancaster Avenue, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 525-1793
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis3.98 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.4.71 miles away1740 S. State Road Upper Darby Pennsylvania 19082Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 734-3501
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wynnewood4.73 miles awayLankenau Hospital Mob - East, Ground Flr 100 East Lancaster Ave., Suite 61 Wynnewood Pennsylvania 19096CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (610) 896-9122
- Davita - City Line4.73 miles away4508 City Line Ave. Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 473-3071
- Providence Square Home Training5.8 miles away831 Providence Rd. Clifton Heights Pennsylvania 19018Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 626-1816