Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center is a nursing home in Broomall, Pennsylvania. The city has a population of 20,535 people. Featuring an overall rating of B, this is a very respectable facility. We actually ranked it as the number one nursing home in Broomall. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card was its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Best Nursing Home in Broomall, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Broomall, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Broomall, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our long-term care grade. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 35.022026 percent of its residents. This is a few points lower than we were hoping for but still a decent percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below average. Finally, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality metrics. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed well in this subcategory.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive area is short-term care, which is the last area we analyzed. For this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. Our short-term care scores are probably most critical for patients requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.9 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 3.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rosewood Gardens Rehab and Nursing Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.07 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.4 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 8.94 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis0.93 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Freedom Dialysis LLC2.92 miles away940 E. Haverford Road, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 2 (610) 520-7277
- Renal Care Group East, Inc.3.29 miles away780 W Lancaster Avenue, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 525-1793
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis4.05 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.4.19 miles away1740 S. State Road Upper Darby Pennsylvania 19082Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 734-3501
- Davita - City Line4.21 miles away4508 City Line Ave. Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 473-3071
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wynnewood4.23 miles awayLankenau Hospital Mob - East, Ground Flr 100 East Lancaster Ave., Suite 61 Wynnewood Pennsylvania 19096CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (610) 896-9122
- Providence Square Home Training5.42 miles away831 Providence Rd. Clifton Heights Pennsylvania 19018Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 626-1816