Broomall Manor is one of just three facilities in Broomall, Pennsylvania. This is a decent facility with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Broomall. You could certainly do worse than this facility. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection grade. In fact, its inspection score was far superior to its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave this facility an A. Inspection scores are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category grades came in the category of long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outpaced most facilities in this category. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 93.92857 percent of its residents, which is higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Broomall Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable category is short-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is basically a middle of the pack score in this area. Short-term care scores are important for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. We were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The last area we assessed is nursing. We gave it a C in that category. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this area. In calculating our nursing grades, we assess both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often an indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broomall Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broomall Manor, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broomall Manor, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who had falls leading to major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broomall Manor, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who have sustained a UTI. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broomall Manor, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broomall Manor, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broomall Manor, 3.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broomall Manor, 88.22% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broomall Manor, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broomall Manor, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Broomall Manor, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broomall Manor, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broomall Manor, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broomall Manor, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.44 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 8.91 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis0.78 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Freedom Dialysis LLC3.02 miles away940 E. Haverford Road, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 2 (610) 520-7277
- Renal Care Group East, Inc.3.41 miles away780 W Lancaster Avenue, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 525-1793
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.4.14 miles away1740 S. State Road Upper Darby Pennsylvania 19082Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 734-3501
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis4.2 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Davita - City Line4.2 miles away4508 City Line Ave. Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 473-3071
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wynnewood4.25 miles awayLankenau Hospital Mob - East, Ground Flr 100 East Lancaster Ave., Suite 61 Wynnewood Pennsylvania 19096CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (610) 896-9122
- Providence Square Home Training5.29 miles away831 Providence Rd. Clifton Heights Pennsylvania 19018Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 626-1816