Broomall Manor is one of just two facilities in Broomall, Pennsylvania. Featuring an overall rating of C, this is likely a solid facility. You can definitely do worse than this place. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Broomall senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection score. In fact, its inspection score was far superior to its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave it an A+. Inspection ratings are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a solid grade in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of C. In forming these short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what effect this had on quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Broomall Manor?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. The nursing grade considers numerous subcategories. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is far below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care, which ended up being this facility's weakest category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this category. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category may not provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 87.68329 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broomall Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broomall Manor, 7.95% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broomall Manor, 2.35% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broomall Manor, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents which have suffered from a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broomall Manor, 13.78% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broomall Manor, 18.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broomall Manor, 0.63% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broomall Manor, 93.84% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broomall Manor, 19.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broomall Manor, 15.66% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Broomall Manor, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broomall Manor, 15.66% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broomall Manor, 9.38% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broomall Manor, 69.73% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.44 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 8.91 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis0.78 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Freedom Dialysis LLC3.02 miles away940 E. Haverford Road, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 2 (610) 520-7277
- Renal Care Group East, Inc.3.41 miles away780 W Lancaster Avenue, Suite 102 Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 525-1793
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.4.14 miles away1740 S. State Road Upper Darby Pennsylvania 19082Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 734-3501
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis4.2 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Davita - City Line4.2 miles away4508 City Line Ave. Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 473-3071
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wynnewood4.25 miles awayLankenau Hospital Mob - East, Ground Flr 100 East Lancaster Ave., Suite 61 Wynnewood Pennsylvania 19096CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (610) 896-9122
- Providence Square Home Training5.29 miles away831 Providence Rd. Clifton Heights Pennsylvania 19018Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 626-1816