Brookview a Villa Center is in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The city offers a host of available nursing homes. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. We were pleased to learn that this matched the average grade of facilities in Minneapolis, which is one of the better cities in Minnesota to find a nursing home. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brookview a Villa Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Minneapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place is a quality nursing home is that it earned a very impressive inspection score. Inspections is its best category grade. In this area, we gave this facility an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Among its many impressive scores, this nursing home earned an excellent nursing rating. In fact, we gave it an B+ in that category. Our nursing rating is primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Minnesota in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a patient even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookview a Villa Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this nursing home also earned a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this area. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final area, this facility received a respectable long-term care rating. While this was not nearly as good as some of its other category grades, this is really not a terrible score. In forming these long-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's personal care services. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated 74.55357 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be significantly less than average. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookview a Villa Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookview a Villa Center, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookview a Villa Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookview a Villa Center, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookview a Villa Center, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookview a Villa Center, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookview a Villa Center, 4.16% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookview a Villa Center, 94.15% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookview a Villa Center, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookview a Villa Center, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Brookview a Villa Center, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookview a Villa Center, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookview a Villa Center, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookview a Villa Center, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 5.89 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley1.3 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita3.18 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita3.39 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis3.43 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis3.68 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek4.69 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980
- Davita - New Hope4.99 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Davita - Uptown5.43 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583