Brookview a Villa Center is in Minneapolis, Minnesota, which has more than 25 nursing homes. This facility was given an overall grade of C, which is a decent rating. Minneapolis received a city grade of B+, so there are some other options in the city worth looking at. The best part of this facility's profile was is its nursing rating. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Brookview a Villa Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's nursing rating is more impressive than its overall grade. With a strong performance in this category, it earned a quality score in nursing with a B+. There are a variety of datapoints included in this category. Most of these subcategories relate to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This facility also earned a very favorable inspection score. Its inspection rating proved to be its second best category. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookview a Villa Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded was short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a solid grade of C. In computing these short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's worst category is long-term care, which is the last area we looked at. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the vaccine to 95.90909 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable statistic. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookview a Villa Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookview a Villa Center, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookview a Villa Center, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookview a Villa Center, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookview a Villa Center, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care patients who were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookview a Villa Center, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookview a Villa Center, 4.73% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookview a Villa Center, 93.57% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookview a Villa Center, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookview a Villa Center, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Brookview a Villa Center, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookview a Villa Center, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookview a Villa Center, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookview a Villa Center, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 52 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 5.89 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley1.3 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita3.18 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita3.39 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis3.43 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis3.68 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek4.69 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980
- Davita - New Hope4.99 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Davita - Uptown5.43 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583