Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community is one of 42 facilities in Denver, Colorado. The city has more facilities compared to most areas in the nation. This nursing home was given world class overall grade of A, making it ranked among the best nursing homes in Denver. This is impressive given that the city features plenty of very solid facilities. We simply can not say enough great things about this place. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's exemplary report card is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. We weren't able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home was given a high-end score of A in our long-term care category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. The nursing grade consists of a handful of datapoints, but the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our final category, this facility was awarded an excellent short-term care grade. Even though this isn't as dominant as several of its other scores, this is still one of our more favorable grades a facility can receive. Our short-term care scores are believed to be more important for those needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which sustained a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community, 3.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community, 84.99% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Community, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 41 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.25 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.18 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.54 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)1.67 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)2.48 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)3.24 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)3.24 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)3.71 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)3.79 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)3.87 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)4.64 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107