Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center is a facility located in Brookfield, Wisconsin, a city with 41,111 people. With a really poor overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Brookfield. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Brookfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we gave this facility a terrible overall score, we gave it a B- for short-term care. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. This nursing home provides more services with physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is usually a favorable sign. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Remarkably, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C for our nursing rating, which isn't a bad grade. Nursing grades are largely tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center?
We also wanted to point out this facility's inspection grade where it received a lowly F. For nursing homes with bad inspection grades, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This particular facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, we also want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received large government fines recently of over $100,000. This often suggests that a poor track record has been an issue for several years.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care, in which this facility received a very poor grade in this area as well. Sadly, it received an F for this area, which is definitely a major disappointment. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes provide. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to only 89.09091 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 7.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 3.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered a fall leading to major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 13.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 16.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 5.98% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 92.12% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 13.34% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 17.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 17.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 14.13 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookfield Rehab and Specialty Care Center, 76.01% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Waukesha County Mental Health CtrPsychiatric 4.56 miles away1501 Airport Rd Waukesha Wisconsin 53188Government - Local(262) 548-7950
- Waukesha Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away725 American Ave Waukesha Wisconsin 53188Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 928-1000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 5.74 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 6.03 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Total Renal Care Inc0.22 miles away18740 W Bluemound Rd Brookfield Wisconsin 53045Dialysis Stations: 8 (262) 782-9856
- Davita - Capitol Drive3.71 miles away19395 W Capitol Dr, Suite 100 Brookfield Wisconsin 53045Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 781-0273
- Wisconsin Renal Care Group, l.l.c.3.85 miles away17500 W Capitol Dr Brookfield Wisconsin 53045Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 373-1244
- Fmc - Centre Point4.6 miles away11340 W Theodore Trecker Way Milwaukee Wisconsin 53214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 774-1244
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Waukesha4.88 miles away111 Ann St Waukesha Wisconsin 53188CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 542-6179
- Total Renal Care Inc5.24 miles away721 American Ave Ste 204 Waukesha Wisconsin 53188CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 928-2575
- Davita - Bluemound5.43 miles away601 North 99th Street Suite 100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 755-6300
- Total Renal Care Inc.6.25 miles away1260 Sentry Dr Waukesha Wisconsin 53186Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 446-5100