Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia is the sole nursing home located in Battle Ground, Washington. Featuring an overall rating of A-, this is without a doubt a very good nursing home. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next section.
Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
510 North Parkway,
Battle Ground WA 98604
50.12% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Battle Ground, Washington Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility excelled at short-term care. In fact, we gave it an impressive grade of A for that category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
On the list of its many elite grades, this facility was awarded a top-shelf long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a score of A- in that area. Facilities that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Finishing off its excellent profile, this nursing home also performed well in our inspection category. We awarded it a score of B+ for that category. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often linked to poor nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 13.74% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 93.71% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away2211 Ne 139th Street Vancouver Washington 98686Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 487-1000
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.92 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.37 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 19.08 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.27 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.56 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Total Renal Care, Inc.0.46 miles away720 W Main St Ste 112 Battle Ground Washington 98604Dialysis Stations: 10 (360) 687-4677
- Pnrs Clark County Dialysis Clinic1.14 miles away3921 Sw 13th Ave Battle Ground Washington 98604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (360) 687-8527
- Pnrs Salmon Creek8.91 miles away9105 Highway 99 Ste 102 Vancouver Washington 98665CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (360) 576-1350
- Vancouver Dialysis Center9.03 miles away9120 Ne Vancouver Mall Dr Suite 160 Vancouver Washington 98682CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 891-5777
- Pnrs Ft Vancouver11.15 miles away312 Se Stonemill Dr Suite 150 Vancouver Washington 98684CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 254-2323
- Pnrs St Helens Dialysis14.62 miles away500 N Columbia River Hwy Ste 510 Saint Helens Oregon 97051Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 397-9777
- Fmc Maywood Park15.15 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Rose City Dialysis LLC15.63 miles away7474 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97211Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 737-1020