Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia is the sole nursing home located in Battle Ground, Washington. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this looks like a very good nursing home. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. The best part of this place's profile is is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this facility performed well in our short-term care category. We awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our best scores. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility truly excelled in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of A-. Not many nursing homes performed more favorably in this area. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia?
Moving on to another of this nursing home's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection score. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B+. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The next area we looked at was nursing. We awarded this nursing home one of our better scores in this area, with a B. This nursing home proved to be very solid in each category we looked at. In computing our nursing grades, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 6.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 3.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who have sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 2.22% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 13.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 13.68% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 93.98% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 23.27% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 23.27 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 11.24 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 74.06% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away2211 Ne 139th Street Vancouver Washington 98686Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 487-1000
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.92 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.37 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 19.08 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.27 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.56 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Total Renal Care, Inc.0.46 miles away720 W Main St Ste 112 Battle Ground Washington 98604Dialysis Stations: 10 (360) 687-4677
- Pnrs Clark County Dialysis Clinic1.14 miles away3921 Sw 13th Ave Battle Ground Washington 98604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (360) 687-8527
- Pnrs Salmon Creek8.91 miles away9105 Highway 99 Ste 102 Vancouver Washington 98665CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (360) 576-1350
- Vancouver Dialysis Center9.03 miles away9120 Ne Vancouver Mall Dr Suite 160 Vancouver Washington 98682CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 891-5777
- Pnrs Ft Vancouver11.15 miles away312 Se Stonemill Dr Suite 150 Vancouver Washington 98684CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 254-2323
- Pnrs St Helens Dialysis14.62 miles away500 N Columbia River Hwy Ste 510 Saint Helens Oregon 97051Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 397-9777
- Fmc Maywood Park15.15 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Rose City Dialysis LLC15.63 miles away7474 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97211Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 737-1020