Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia is the sole nursing home located in Battle Ground, Washington. Featuring an overall rating of A-, this is without a doubt a very good nursing home. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Battle Ground senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Battle Ground, Washington Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility excelled at short-term care. In fact, we gave it an impressive grade of A for that category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia?
This nursing home also earned a nearly flawless government inspection report. It earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care, where this facility received a grade of B. Believe it or not, this turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive area. A facility is doing something right when it's lowest grade still is superior to most other nursing homes. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 7.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 2.29% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 13.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 12.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 13.28% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 92.89% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 14.67% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 18.81% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility. Many believe that mobility is vital to residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 18.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 12.21 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookfield Health and Rehab of Cascadia, 75.22% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away2211 Ne 139th Street Vancouver Washington 98686Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 487-1000
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.92 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.37 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 19.08 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.27 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.56 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Total Renal Care, Inc.0.46 miles away720 W Main St Ste 112 Battle Ground Washington 98604Dialysis Stations: 10 (360) 687-4677
- Pnrs Clark County Dialysis Clinic1.14 miles away3921 Sw 13th Ave Battle Ground Washington 98604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (360) 687-8527
- Pnrs Salmon Creek8.91 miles away9105 Highway 99 Ste 102 Vancouver Washington 98665CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (360) 576-1350
- Vancouver Dialysis Center9.03 miles away9120 Ne Vancouver Mall Dr Suite 160 Vancouver Washington 98682CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 891-5777
- Pnrs Ft Vancouver11.15 miles away312 Se Stonemill Dr Suite 150 Vancouver Washington 98684CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 254-2323
- Pnrs St Helens Dialysis14.62 miles away500 N Columbia River Hwy Ste 510 Saint Helens Oregon 97051Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 397-9777
- Fmc Maywood Park15.15 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Rose City Dialysis LLC15.63 miles away7474 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97211Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 737-1020