Serento Rosa is a senior living facility located in Yorba Linda, California, a city with a total of 66,570 people. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road rating. Based on our ratings, this facility has some redeeming qualities. You also may want to review this facility's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
17803 Imperial Highway,
Yorba Linda CA 92886
61.11% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home an A- for our short-term care score. This score is much more impressive than the nursing home's overall grade. In computing our short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
We also want to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of B+ in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Does this page answer your questions about Serento Rosa?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, this nursing home received a grade of just D in this category. Facilities that don't fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 92.59259 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a few points lower than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
The next category we analyzed is nursing, which proved to be this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this facility a grade of D in this category. Our nursing score weighs a variety of factors. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This facility averaged a meager 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Serento Rosa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Serento Rosa, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Serento Rosa, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients which have sustained falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Serento Rosa, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Serento Rosa, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents that are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Serento Rosa, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Serento Rosa, 5.83% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Serento Rosa, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Serento Rosa, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Serento Rosa, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- Davita-Anaheim Hills Dialysis2.4 miles away4201 E. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92807CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 996-2900
- Davita-Crossroads Dialysis Center3.81 miles away3214 Yorba Linda Blvd. Fullerton California 92831CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 577-6940
- Davita-Brea Dialysis Center4.83 miles away595 Tamarack Avenue, Suites a & B Brea California 92821CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 990-0110
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Anaheim4.93 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 3460 E. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92806Dialysis Stations: 5 (714) 644-2312
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis6.33 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Davita-Fullerton Dialysis6.36 miles away238 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California 92832CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 447-3045
- Quotidian Home Dialysis Clinic6.66 miles away511 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite T La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 2 (562) 694-8520
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis7.34 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484