Serento Rosa is a small nursing home located in Yorba Linda, California. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road grade. Based on our ratings, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home one of our higher grades in short-term care, where it received an A-. This is much better than the nursing home's overall grade, which was certainly not elite. Our short-term care grades are likely more important for folks requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This means not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
This nursing home's inspection rating exceeded its overall grade as well. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. This place was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Serento Rosa?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. The nursing grade considers a host of factors. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This place provides only 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below average. Finally, nursing grades also factor in quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is long-term care, was this facility's worst area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that category. This really was one of the few weak links of a very solid report card. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means the nursing home didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated only 80 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Serento Rosa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Serento Rosa, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Serento Rosa, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Serento Rosa, 95.44% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Serento Rosa, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Serento Rosa, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- Davita-Anaheim Hills Dialysis2.4 miles away4201 E. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92807CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 996-2900
- Davita-Crossroads Dialysis Center3.81 miles away3214 Yorba Linda Blvd. Fullerton California 92831CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 577-6940
- Davita-Brea Dialysis Center4.83 miles away595 Tamarack Avenue, Suites a & B Brea California 92821CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 990-0110
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Anaheim4.93 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 3460 E. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92806Dialysis Stations: 5 (714) 644-2312
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis6.33 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Davita-Fullerton Dialysis6.36 miles away238 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California 92832CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 447-3045
- Quotidian Home Dialysis Clinic6.66 miles away511 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite T La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 2 (562) 694-8520
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis7.34 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484