Brookdale Richmond Place Snf is an average-sized nursing home in Lexington, Kentucky. Sporting an overall rating of B, this facility is a fine option. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this place. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brookdale Richmond Place Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lexington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially want to emphasize its excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also received favorable long-term care scores this year. Indeed, we awarded them one of our higher scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 65 percent of its patients. This is somewhat below what we anticipated. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Richmond Place Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing services. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. It does not look like this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
Switching gears to the next category, this facility was awarded a grade of C for nursing, which we consider to be an acceptable grade. Our nursing grade weighs several components, but the most important one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a relatively low total compared with most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it did well in this statistic. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Richmond Place Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 7.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who sustained falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 3.4% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents that have experienced urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 14.62% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 0.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 75.65% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 45.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 45.9% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 45.9% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 14.3% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Richmond Place Snf, 68.91% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Lexington, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lexington, Kentucky has 6 other nursing homes
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 0.54 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.22 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Clark Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.04 miles away175 Hospital Drive Winchester Kentucky 40391Proprietary(859) 737-8559
- Georgetown Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.08 miles away1140 Lexington Road Georgetown Kentucky 40324Proprietary(502) 868-1100
- Bluegrass Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.91 miles away360 Amsden Avenue Versailles Kentucky 40383Proprietary(859) 873-3111
- Bourbon Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.36 miles away9 Linville Drive Paris Kentucky 40361Proprietary(859) 987-3600
- Fmc- Lexington South Dialysis0.58 miles away171 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 264-7775
- Fmc - Nalco Home Program0.66 miles away3284 Eagle View Drive Suite 120 Lexington Kentucky 40509Dialysis Stations: 3 (859) 299-3379
- Davita - Hamburg Dialysis0.98 miles away1745 Alysheba Way, Suite 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 543-0084
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East3.38 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Davita - Kentucky Home Training4.2 miles away2130 Nicholasville Road, Suite 5 Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 6 (859) 277-9911
- Fmc- Lexington Southwest4.45 miles away978 Chas Drive Lexington Kentucky 40515Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 260-1706
- Dci - South Lexington5.25 miles away2374 Professional Heights Dr. Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 23 (859) 967-0400
- Dci - Lexington7.93 miles away100 Venture Court Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 32 (859) 252-7712