Brookdale Richmond Heights is a small nursing home located in Cleveland, Ohio. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade of this caliber requires some respectable marks. Despite Cleveland offering 45 nursing homes to choose from, this one turns out to be a quality option. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong nursing rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brookdale Richmond Heights
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A- for our nursing rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Our nursing grade analyzes many subcategories, however, the main consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional strength of this facility is its top-shelf score in short-term care. We gave them one of our better grades in that category, with a grade of A-. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be most meaningful for residents needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing services. This means not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Richmond Heights?
This facility received a good score in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection grades are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this nursing home really did not perform well. Due to an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is this facility's poorest category grade. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category may not provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to only 60.16949 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Richmond Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 15.31% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which sustained falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients which have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 13% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 6.41% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 62.66% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 26.44% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 27.82% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 27.82% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 12.81% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 64.31% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 44 other nursing homes
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.52 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 6.26 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.2.8 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Community Dialysis Center3.25 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid3.3 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center4.7 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Fkc-Ohio Renal Care Group Southpointe5.36 miles away4200 Warrensville Center Road, Suite 100 Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 368-0004
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.5.77 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.6.22 miles away18720 Chagrin Blvd Beachwood Ohio 44122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (216) 295-7000
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program6.52 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013