With an address in Cleveland, Ohio, Brookdale Richmond Heights is on a list of 48 facilities here. We gave this nursing home a C overall, which isn't a bad score. This is comparable with the city grade in Cleveland, which is a B-. At the end of the day, this place would be a solid choice for quite a few people. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Brookdale Richmond Heights
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility really excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A-. Few facilities performed better in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we gave it a high-end short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A-. With our short-term care grade, we seek to craft a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Richmond Heights?
Moving on to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing grade. We gave this nursing home a grade of D. In calculating a facility's nursing rating, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care, which ended up being this nursing home's worst area. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F in this area, which is clearly a major concern. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We discovered that this facility provided the vaccine to only 48.039215 percent of its residents, which is not a very encouraging sign. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Richmond Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which are given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 20% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 90.19% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Richmond Heights, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.52 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 6.26 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.2.8 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Community Dialysis Center3.25 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid3.3 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center4.7 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Fkc-Ohio Renal Care Group Southpointe5.36 miles away4200 Warrensville Center Road, Suite 100 Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 368-0004
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.5.77 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.6.22 miles away18720 Chagrin Blvd Beachwood Ohio 44122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (216) 295-7000
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program6.52 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013