Brookdale Rancho Mirage is a senior living facility in Rancho Mirage, California. This city has 17,220 people. With an overall rating of D, this is a well below average facility. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Rancho Mirage. The city has just one other nursing home. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Brookdale Rancho Mirage
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
While we were fairly low on this facility overall, we awarded it a grade of A- for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received its second most favorable category score in the category of short-term care. We awarded this facility a B- in this category, which is an acceptable grade. Short-term care grades are important for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. In fact, it provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Rancho Mirage?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility only earned a grade of D for its long-term care grade, which is not one of our better scores. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
The next area we rated is nursing, turned out to be this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this facility a D in that area. Our nursing score is largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular place offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This number is quite a bit below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Rancho Mirage Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Rancho Mirage, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Rancho Mirage, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Eisenhower Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.59 miles away39-000 Bob Hope Drive Rancho Mirage California 92270Proprietary(760) 340-3911
- Desert Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away1150 North Indian Canyon Drive Palm Springs California 92262Proprietary(760) 323-6511
- John F Kennedy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away47111 Monroe Street Indio California 92201Proprietary(760) 347-6191
- Kidney Institute at Eisenhower Medical Center1.25 miles awayProbst Building 39000 Bob Hope Drive, Suite 103 Rancho Mirage California 92270CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 837-9696
- Davita-Cathedral City Dialysis3.5 miles away30885 Date Palm Drive Cathedral City California 92234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 202-3491
- Fmc-Rai-Corporate Way-Palm Desert4.49 miles away41-501 Corporate Way Palm Desert California 92260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 346-7588
- Davita-Bermuda Dunes Dialysis5.87 miles away78030 Wildcat Drive Suite 101 Palm Desert California 92211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 345-5115
- Davita Desert Sands Home Training5.87 miles away78030 Wildcat Dr. Ste 102 Palm Desert California 92211Dialysis Stations: 6 (760) 772-5608
- La Quinta Kidney Center, LLC6.99 miles away43576 Washington Street, Suite 101 La Quinta California 92253Dialysis Stations: 28 (760) 200-1000
- Davita-Palm Springs Dialysis9.42 miles away1061 N. Indian Canyon Drive Palm Springs California 92262CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 325-0909
- Fmc-Rai-Monroe-Indio10.35 miles away46-767 Monroe Street, Suite 101 Indio California 92201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 347-3986