Brookdale Rancho Mirage is a senior living facility in Rancho Mirage, California. This city has 17,220 people. With an overall rating of B-, this is likely a solid facility. As far as we can see, this place looks like a good fit for quite a few people. This facility is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Brookdale Rancho Mirage
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
72-201 Country Club Drive,
Rancho Mirage CA 92270
96.44% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection grade. Its inspection grade was far superior to its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave this facility an A-. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a grade of B in our short-term care category. This happens to be one of our better grades. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. It doesn't appear that this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Rancho Mirage?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next best category was its long-term care score, where it was awarded a C. In calculating our long-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's personal care services. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The next area we rated is nursing. This nursing home was awarded a C in this area. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, while this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in a few of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this statistic.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Rancho Mirage Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Rancho Mirage, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Rancho Mirage, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Eisenhower Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.59 miles away39-000 Bob Hope Drive Rancho Mirage California 92270Proprietary(760) 340-3911
- Desert Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away1150 North Indian Canyon Drive Palm Springs California 92262Proprietary(760) 323-6511
- John F Kennedy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away47111 Monroe Street Indio California 92201Proprietary(760) 347-6191
- Kidney Institute at Eisenhower Medical Center1.25 miles awayProbst Building 39000 Bob Hope Drive, Suite 103 Rancho Mirage California 92270CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 837-9696
- Davita-Cathedral City Dialysis3.5 miles away30885 Date Palm Drive Cathedral City California 92234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 202-3491
- Fmc-Rai-Corporate Way-Palm Desert4.49 miles away41-501 Corporate Way Palm Desert California 92260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 346-7588
- Davita-Bermuda Dunes Dialysis5.87 miles away78030 Wildcat Drive Suite 101 Palm Desert California 92211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 345-5115
- Davita Desert Sands Home Training5.87 miles away78030 Wildcat Dr. Ste 102 Palm Desert California 92211Dialysis Stations: 6 (760) 772-5608
- La Quinta Kidney Center, LLC6.99 miles away43576 Washington Street, Suite 101 La Quinta California 92253Dialysis Stations: 28 (760) 200-1000
- Davita-Palm Springs Dialysis9.42 miles away1061 N. Indian Canyon Drive Palm Springs California 92262CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 325-0909
- Fmc-Rai-Monroe-Indio10.35 miles away46-767 Monroe Street, Suite 101 Indio California 92201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 347-3986