Brookdale Rancho Mirage is a senior living facility in Rancho Mirage, California. This city has 17,220 people. With an overall rating of B, this nursing home is a quality choice. As far as we can see, this facility is a solid choice for most people. This nursing home is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brookdale Rancho Mirage
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Rancho Mirage senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a strong overall score, this nursing home also earned an elite short-term care grade. We awarded them one of our better grades in that area, with an impressive grade of A. In computing our short-term care scores, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is generally a reliable assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
This facility also performed well in the area of inspections. It earned a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that area with an B+. Few facilities with an overall score in this range performed this well in multiple categories. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Rancho Mirage?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. Our nursing grade is based on several components, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home averages just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident each day, which is a very low figure. Finally, nursing grades also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this facility received a grade of C for long-term care, which we consider to be an acceptable score. Our long-term care grades are based on a nursing home's volume of care. This includes a broad scope of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine medical services. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate this place's vaccination data. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Rancho Mirage Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Rancho Mirage, 17.03% of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Rancho Mirage, 74.27% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Eisenhower Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.59 miles away39-000 Bob Hope Drive Rancho Mirage California 92270Proprietary(760) 340-3911
- Desert Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.98 miles away1150 North Indian Canyon Drive Palm Springs California 92262Proprietary(760) 323-6511
- John F Kennedy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away47111 Monroe Street Indio California 92201Proprietary(760) 347-6191
- Kidney Institute at Eisenhower Medical Center1.25 miles awayProbst Building 39000 Bob Hope Drive, Suite 103 Rancho Mirage California 92270CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 837-9696
- Davita-Cathedral City Dialysis3.5 miles away30885 Date Palm Drive Cathedral City California 92234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 202-3491
- Fmc-Rai-Corporate Way-Palm Desert4.49 miles away41-501 Corporate Way Palm Desert California 92260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 346-7588
- Davita-Bermuda Dunes Dialysis5.87 miles away78030 Wildcat Drive Suite 101 Palm Desert California 92211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 345-5115
- Davita Desert Sands Home Training5.87 miles away78030 Wildcat Dr. Ste 102 Palm Desert California 92211Dialysis Stations: 6 (760) 772-5608
- La Quinta Kidney Center, LLC6.99 miles away43576 Washington Street, Suite 101 La Quinta California 92253Dialysis Stations: 28 (760) 200-1000
- Davita-Palm Springs Dialysis9.42 miles away1061 N. Indian Canyon Drive Palm Springs California 92262CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 325-0909
- Fmc-Rai-Monroe-Indio10.35 miles away46-767 Monroe Street, Suite 101 Indio California 92201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 347-3986