Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights is the only option we were able to find in Prospect Heights, Illinois. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we found. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires top-notch marks across the board. You flat out can't do much better than this facility. This nursing home also received phenomenal scores in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it earned a strong short-term care score. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is considered to be a solid assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its strong profile, this facility also excelled in our long-term care area. In fact, we gave it a score of A for that area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a life or death illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights?
Racking up yet another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Turning to our next category, this facility received a very strong nursing score. We awarded it a grade of A in this area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. There are a variety of factors included in this area. Most of the factors reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that are given antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights, 30.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights, 87.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dimensions Living - Prospect Heights, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 12.15 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.47 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center3.25 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Mount Prospect3.47 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis3.78 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Fmc - Des Plaines4.63 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows4.82 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis4.91 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Glen Dialysis5.04 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Niles5.08 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334