Brookdale Northridge is the sole facility we were able to find in Northridge, California. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our better grades. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the country. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
17650 Devonshire Street,
Northridge CA 91325
68.44% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In computing our nursing ratings, we analyze both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Northridge?
Tallying yet another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next category, this nursing home was given an acceptable long-term care score. Even though this isn't nearly as impressive as some of its other category grades, this is really not a poor grade. Our long-term care scores are more important for individuals in need of more traditional assistance associated with activities of daily living. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Northridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Northridge, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who suffered from pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Northridge, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients who have had a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Northridge, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have experienced a UTI. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Northridge, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Northridge, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Northridge, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Northridge, 95.44% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Northridge, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a resident's health.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Northridge, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Northridge, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.66 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Providence Holy Cross Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away15031 Rinaldi St Mission Hills California 91346Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 365-8051
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Lac/Olive View-Ucla Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away14445 Olive View Drive Sylmar California 91342Voluntary non-profit - Other(818) 364-1555
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 13.06 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Adventist Health Simi ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 13.06 miles away2975 N Sycamore Dr Simi Valley California 93065Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 955-6000
- Nrc-Kidney Care Center of North Valley, Inc1.07 miles away16907 Devonshire Street Granada Hills California 91344CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 366-4600
- Nrc-Northridge Dialysis Center1.89 miles away9325 Reseda Blvd. Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (818) 993-6700
- Northridge Kidney Care Center2.71 miles away19333 Business Center Drive Northridge California 91324Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 709-9999
- u.s. Renal Care Northridge Dialysis2.79 miles away18546 Roscoe Blvd., Suite 108 Northridge California 91324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 886-3771
- Holy Cross Renal Center3.55 miles away14901 Rinaldi Street, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (818) 365-6961
- Fmc-Mission Hills3.55 miles away11550 Indian Hills Road, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (818) 898-1724
- Nrc-Sylmar Dialysis, LLC4.5 miles away12151 San Fernando Rd. Sylmar California 91342CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 465-9464
- Fmc-San Fernando4.53 miles away451 S. Brand Blvd., Suite 100 San Fernando California 91340CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 837-9980