Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa is one of seven facilities in Santa Rosa, California. Sporting an overall grade of A-, this is clearly an impressive facility. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as one of the three best nursing homes in Santa Rosa. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong. It would be hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of nursing, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. The nursing grade consists of quite a few datapoints, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a resident even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its high-end performance in other areas, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for its short-term care grade. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was strong in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.07692 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not take any chances. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Finally, we wanted to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them a B+ in this category. Inspection ratings are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents which sustained falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term patients who have experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbol Residences of Santa Rosa, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Santa Rosa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Rosa, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 0.38 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.09 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.58 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 3.03 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.06 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.19 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis1.97 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Bma Santa Rosa2.53 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa4.05 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Fmc Santa Rosa North4.69 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor6.88 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park8.81 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Fmc Petaluma15.86 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis16.22 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293