Located in Easley, South Carolina, Brookdale Easley is one of four facilities in this city. Sporting an overall score of D, this is a well below average facility. Easley received a city grade of B-, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Brookdale Easley has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this facility a bad overall grade, we awarded it a fairly respectable score in the area of inspections, where it received a B-. This was quite a bit better than its other categories. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of B- in the area. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a low total compared to most nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Easley?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received its third best category grade in the area of short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a B- in this category, which is an acceptable score. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is considered to be a fair assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. It supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next area is long-term care, in which we awarded this nursing home a B- in that area. Long-term care grades are generally used to gauge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated just 57.14286 percent of its residents, which is somewhat concerning. Nevertheless, this nursing home excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Easley Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Easley, 9.68% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Easley, 3.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Easley, 3.26% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Easley, 14.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Easley, 19.83% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Easley, 2.74% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Easley, 88.77% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Easley, 14.72% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
In Brookdale Easley, 1.55 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Easley, 12.88 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Easley, 72.67% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Easley, SC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Easley, South Carolina has 3 other nursing homes
- Prisma Health Baptist Easley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away200 Fleetwood Drive Easley South Carolina 29640Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 442-7606
- Cannon Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.27 miles away123 W G Acker Drive Pickens South Carolina 29671Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 878-4791
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away905 Verdae Blvd Suite 102 Greenville South Carolina 29605Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 455-7000
- Anmed HealthAcute Care Hospitals 19.97 miles away800 N Fant St Anderson South Carolina 29621Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 512-2830
- Dsi Easley Renal Center3.11 miles away125 Whitmire Road Easley South Carolina 29640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (864) 855-6208
- Dsi Greenville, LLC4.08 miles away121 Commerce Blvd Easley South Carolina 29642Dialysis Stations: 4 (864) 859-7902
- Dsi Greenville Renal Center10.06 miles away1004 Grove Road Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (864) 242-0802
- Upstate Dialysis Center10.77 miles away308 Mills Ave Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (864) 271-3700
- Greenville Dialysis Clinic, LLC11.16 miles away220-a Howe Street Greenville South Carolina 29601Dialysis Stations: 20 (864) 271-2002
- Rcg Greenville Dialysis Center11.59 miles away297 Pete Hollis Blvd. Greenville South Carolina 29601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 232-9456
- Dsi Pleasantburg Dialysis12.46 miles away110 Chalmers Dr Ste C Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (864) 558-2365
- Dsi Home Dialysis Pleasantburg12.46 miles away110 Chalmers Road, Suite D Greenville South Carolina 29605Dialysis Stations: 3 (864) 558-2375