Located in Easley, South Carolina, Brookdale Easley is the lone option we identified in this city. Featuring an overall score of D, this is a relatively poor facility. This facility seems to have very little going for it. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Aug 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Brookdale Easley has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Easley senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. This score is more respectable than this facility's overall score. Our inspection scores are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing score is mostly based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is well below average. Finally, although this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this metric.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Easley?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its third best category grade in the area of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a B- in this category, which is a decent score. With our short-term care grade, we try to craft a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. We were surprised to find that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last category is long-term care, where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in this area. Our long-term care scores are more important for people needing more conventional assistance related to personal care. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. As it turns out, this facility vaccinated only 56.25 percent of its residents, which is somewhat alarming. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Easley Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Easley, 19.51% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Easley, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Easley, 2.33% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Easley, 2.27% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Easley, 13.64% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Easley, 8.51% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Easley, 67.31% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Easley, 52.38% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
In Brookdale Easley, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Easley, 9.63% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Easley, 73.9% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Prisma Health Baptist Easley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away200 Fleetwood Drive Easley South Carolina 29640Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 442-7606
- Cannon Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.27 miles away123 W G Acker Drive Pickens South Carolina 29671Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 878-4791
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away905 Verdae Blvd Suite 102 Greenville South Carolina 29605Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 455-7000
- Anmed HealthAcute Care Hospitals 19.97 miles away800 N Fant St Anderson South Carolina 29621Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 512-2830
- Dsi Easley Renal Center3.11 miles away125 Whitmire Road Easley South Carolina 29640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (864) 855-6208
- Dsi Greenville, LLC4.08 miles away121 Commerce Blvd Easley South Carolina 29642Dialysis Stations: 4 (864) 859-7902
- Dsi Greenville Renal Center10.06 miles away1004 Grove Road Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (864) 242-0802
- Upstate Dialysis Center10.77 miles away308 Mills Ave Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (864) 271-3700
- Greenville Dialysis Clinic, LLC11.16 miles away220-a Howe Street Greenville South Carolina 29601Dialysis Stations: 20 (864) 271-2002
- Rcg Greenville Dialysis Center11.59 miles away297 Pete Hollis Blvd. Greenville South Carolina 29601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 232-9456
- Dsi Pleasantburg Dialysis12.46 miles away110 Chalmers Dr Ste C Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (864) 558-2365
- Dsi Home Dialysis Pleasantburg12.46 miles away110 Chalmers Road, Suite D Greenville South Carolina 29605Dialysis Stations: 3 (864) 558-2375