Montage Hills is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Denver, Colorado. Sporting an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. Based on our analysis, you could do much worse than this nursing home. This facility is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2500 South Roslyn Street,
Denver CO 80231
55.55% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this facility excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an impressive grade of A. Our short-term care scores are arguably most meaningful for those needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A-. Our nursing category weighs several subcategories, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Montage Hills?
We also wanted to emphasize this nursing home's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of B+ in this category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this facility was given a decent long-term care score. While this was not as good as some of its other category grades, this is truly a middle of the pack score. In the area of long-term care, we focus more on the quantity of services offered by a facility, as opposed to more medically-intensive services. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Montage Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Montage Hills, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Montage Hills, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Montage Hills, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents who sustained urinary tract infections. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Montage Hills, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Montage Hills, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Montage Hills, 3.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Montage Hills, 84.99% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Montage Hills, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Montage Hills, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Montage Hills, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Montage Hills, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 41 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 6.12 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)1.96 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)3.16 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)3.49 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)3.95 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)4.08 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)4.62 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)4.78 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)5.2 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400