Brookdale Carriage Club Providence is one of 10 facilities in Charlotte, North Carolina. This facility is among the highest-rated nursing homes we looked at. This facility received one of the highest ratings we offer. Indeed, we ranked this facility as the third best facility in Charlotte. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar profile is its nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brookdale Carriage Club Providence
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Charlotte senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Charlotte, North Carolina Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing ratings are primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Carriage Club Providence?
The next category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also received an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a C. This is this nursing home's weakest area. This is still a middle of the pack score. In computing these long-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. It doesn't look like this facility provided information on its vaccination levels. Lastly, this facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Carriage Club Providence Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Carriage Club Providence, 23.32% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Carriage Club Providence, 68.99% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Charlotte, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Charlotte, North Carolina has 9 other nursing homes
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 12.25 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Atrium Health UnionAcute Care Hospitals 18.22 miles away600 Hospital Dr Monroe North Carolina 28112Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 283-3100
- Rebound Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 18.66 miles away134 East Rebound Road Lancaster South Carolina 29720Proprietary(803) 313-3700
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.34 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Piedmont Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.72 miles away222 S Herlong Ave Rock Hill South Carolina 29730Proprietary(803) 329-1234
- Fresenius Medical Care Matthews3.69 miles away910 Park Center Drive Matthews North Carolina 28105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (704) 443-2973
- South Charlotte Dialysis4.41 miles away6450 Bannington Road Charlotte North Carolina 28226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (704) 542-9499
- Dsi Charlotte Latrobe Dialysis4.47 miles away3515 Latrobe Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28211Dialysis Stations: 24 (704) 366-5299
- Charlotte East Dialysis5.27 miles away5627 Albemarle Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28212CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 535-3962
- Bma Nations Ford5.43 miles away7901 England Street Charlotte North Carolina 28273CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (704) 552-9102
- Carolinas Medical Center Dialysis Unit5.67 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Pediatric Dialysis Unit Charlotte North Carolina 28232Dialysis Stations: 9 (704) 381-7749
- Independent Nephrology Services Charlotte5.72 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 717-2825
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.5.72 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 535-7231