Brookdale Carriage Club Providence is a nursing home in Charlotte, North Carolina which has 790,689 people. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this looks like a very good nursing home. Indeed, we thought highly enough of this facility to rate it ahead of most of the facilities in Charlotte, which has a solid selection of nursing homes. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Brookdale Carriage Club Providence
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
5804 Old Providence Road,
Charlotte NC 28226
39.28% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other achievements is its high-end short-term care score. It received one of our more favorable grades in that category, with a grade of A. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. It fared as well as just about any nursing home in North Carolina in this area with 73.8 percent of its residents returning home. For most facilities, less than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Carriage Club Providence?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Our nursing score weighs quite a few datapoints, most of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home North Carolina in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category is long-term care, which is the last area we looked at. In this area, we gave this nursing home a D. We wanted to draw your attention to this possible area of weakness, however, you shouldn't over-emphasize one category either. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding vaccinations. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Carriage Club Providence Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Carriage Club Providence, 11.98 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Carriage Club Providence, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Charlotte, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Charlotte, North Carolina has 15 other nursing homes
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 12.25 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Atrium Health UnionAcute Care Hospitals 18.22 miles away600 Hospital Dr Monroe North Carolina 28112Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 283-3100
- Rebound Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 18.66 miles away134 East Rebound Road Lancaster South Carolina 29720Proprietary(803) 313-3700
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.34 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Piedmont Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.72 miles away222 S Herlong Ave Rock Hill South Carolina 29730Proprietary(803) 329-1234
- Fresenius Medical Care Matthews3.69 miles away910 Park Center Drive Matthews North Carolina 28105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (704) 443-2973
- South Charlotte Dialysis4.41 miles away6450 Bannington Road Charlotte North Carolina 28226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (704) 542-9499
- Dsi Charlotte Latrobe Dialysis4.47 miles away3515 Latrobe Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28211Dialysis Stations: 24 (704) 366-5299
- Charlotte East Dialysis5.27 miles away5627 Albemarle Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28212CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 535-3962
- Bma Nations Ford5.43 miles away7901 England Street Charlotte North Carolina 28273CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (704) 552-9102
- Carolinas Medical Center Dialysis Unit5.67 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Pediatric Dialysis Unit Charlotte North Carolina 28232Dialysis Stations: 9 (704) 381-7749
- Independent Nephrology Services Charlotte5.72 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 717-2825
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.5.72 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 535-7231