Brookdale Burr Ridge is a nursing home located in Hinsdale, Illinois. The city has a population of 17,597 people. This facility appears to be one of the higher-graded facilities we assessed. A score of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. This facility turned out to be one of the better nursing homes in Hinsdale, which boasts a strong selection of facilities. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Brookdale Burr Ridge
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A. The nursing score is based on quite a few components, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Burr Ridge?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a top-shelf short-term care grade. In fact, this is this facility's third most impressive category grade. In that category, this facility received a score of A. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a C. Even though this proved to be its worst category grade, this is nevertheless nothing to be ashamed of. Our long-term care grades are important for individuals seeking personal care. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. As it turns out, this nursing home provided the vaccine to just 89.74359 percent of its patients, which is quite a bit lower than we expected. Nevertheless, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Burr Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients that had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 87.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Hinsdale, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Hinsdale, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.78 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Fmc - Willowbrook0.4 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center5.4 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Fmc - Westchester5.61 miles away2400 Wolf Road, Suite 101 A Westchester Illinois 60154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (708) 409-7780
- Davita - Woodridge at Home5.75 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fkc - Woodridge5.86 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Nx Stage Kidney Care6.33 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC6.45 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC6.45 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649