Brookdale Burr Ridge is a nursing home located in Hinsdale, Illinois. The city has a population of 17,597 people. It looks like this is a great facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong score. We actually rated it as the best facility in Hinsdale. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brookdale Burr Ridge
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Hinsdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a strong overall grade, this nursing home fared well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we gave it an A for that area, which is one of our highest scores. This is one of the few facilities with an overall score in this range which received multiple category grades this high. Our inspection grades are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Burr Ridge?
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, this nursing home really did not perform well. With a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that category, this is clearly this facility's weakest area. Nursing homes that don't fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to only 83.333336 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Burr Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 24.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who have suffered falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 3.12% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 30.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 17.86% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 9.09% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 81.67% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 22.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 7.61% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 58.58% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.78 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Fmc - Willowbrook0.4 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center5.4 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Fmc - Westchester5.61 miles away2400 Wolf Road, Suite 101 A Westchester Illinois 60154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (708) 409-7780
- Davita - Woodridge at Home5.75 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fkc - Woodridge5.86 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Nx Stage Kidney Care6.33 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC6.45 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC6.45 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649