Brookdale Burr Ridge is a nursing home located in Hinsdale, Illinois. The city has a population of 17,597 people. This facility appears to be one of the higher-graded facilities we assessed. A score of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. This facility turned out to be one of the better nursing homes in Hinsdale, which boasts a strong selection of facilities. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Brookdale Burr Ridge
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care ratings are important for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more skilled nursing services. This means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This nursing home also earned an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. This score is based on the place's recent inspections. Our inspection scores weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Burr Ridge?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. There are a host of criteria included in this area. Many of these subcategories reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning residents more often.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility didn't fare well. With a rock bottom grade of F in that category, this is clearly this nursing home's worst category. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 95.12195 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Burr Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients that had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 29.8% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 87.49% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Burr Ridge, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Hinsdale, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hinsdale, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.78 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Fmc - Willowbrook0.4 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center5.4 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Fmc - Westchester5.61 miles away2400 Wolf Road, Suite 101 A Westchester Illinois 60154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (708) 409-7780
- Davita - Woodridge at Home5.75 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fkc - Woodridge5.86 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Nx Stage Kidney Care6.33 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC6.45 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC6.45 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649