The Watermark at Broadway Cityview is a large nursing home located in Fort Worth, Texas. Sporting an overall grade of A-, it is actually ranked among the top three nursing homes in the city. Even in a city featuring 13 nursing homes, this facility caught our attention as a very fine option. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category scores, which are also impressive.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Watermark at Broadway Cityview
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fort Worth senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In computing a facility's nursing rating, we consider the amount of time nurses are caring for residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Another reason we assessed this nursing home so highly is that it was awarded an A+ short-term care grade. This is just about as dominant as it gets in this area. With our short-term care assessment, we seek to craft a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Watermark at Broadway Cityview?
Moving on to another of this nursing home's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection score. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our higher grades in this category, with a B. While this is not as strong as many of its other grades, it is nevertheless a positive grade. For residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 70.588234 percent of its patients. This is a few points less than we anticipated. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Watermark at Broadway Cityview Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 6.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from a UTI. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 2.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 20.41% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care patients which were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 0% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 73.29% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 17.02% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 29.73% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 29.73% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 4.07% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 71.44% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 12 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 0.63 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 6.56 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Fresenius Medical Care Ft Worth Parkway0.42 miles away6551 Harris Parkway Suite 115 A Fort Worth Texas 76132CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (817) 292-5512
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Bryant Irvin0.92 miles away5729 Bryant Irvin Rd Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (682) 224-7635
- Hulen Dialysis0.96 miles away5832 S Hulen St Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 370-7642
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Southwest Fort Worth2.38 miles away5127 Old Granbury Road Fort Worth Texas 76133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 370-7830
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Fort Worth3.23 miles away4804 Bryant Irvin Court Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 738-8703
- Rrc West Fort Worth4.45 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC4.79 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth5.46 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822