Brookdale Broadway Cityview is a large nursing home located in Fort Worth, Texas. Sporting an overall grade of B, it is actually ranked among the ten best nursing homes in the city. Even with Fort Worth having 34 other nursing homes to select from, this one should be a sound choice. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Brookdale Broadway Cityview
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a strong overall score, this facility also earned an elite short-term care grade. We gave them one of our better grades in that area, with an A-. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more critical for folks in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This nursing home also performed well in the area of inspections. It received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. It received one of our best scores in that area with an A-. Few nursing homes with an overall score in this range performed this well in multiple categories. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Broadway Cityview?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area was its long-term care grade, where it was given a B-. Long-term care grades assess a nursing home's personal care instead of the highly skilled nursing and medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 81.48148 percent of its residents. This is quite a bit less than what we expected. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Moving on to the fourth category, this nursing home was awarded a respectable nursing score of C. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Broadway Cityview Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who had UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 4.66% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 94.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Broadway Cityview, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 0.63 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 6.56 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Fresenius Medical Care Ft Worth Parkway0.42 miles away6551 Harris Parkway Suite 115 A Fort Worth Texas 76132CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (817) 292-5512
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Bryant Irvin0.92 miles away5729 Bryant Irvin Rd Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (682) 224-7635
- Hulen Dialysis0.96 miles away5832 S Hulen St Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 370-7642
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Southwest Fort Worth2.38 miles away5127 Old Granbury Road Fort Worth Texas 76133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 370-7830
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Fort Worth3.23 miles away4804 Bryant Irvin Court Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 738-8703
- Rrc West Fort Worth4.45 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC4.79 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth5.46 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822