The Watermark at Broadway Cityview is a large nursing home located in Fort Worth, Texas. Sporting an overall grade of B+, we graded this facility as one of the ten best nursing homes in the city. Overall scores in this range are a good indicator of a very solid nursing home. Even in a city of 34 nursing homes, this one stood out as a fine option. You should also take a look at this facility's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
The Watermark at Broadway Cityview
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A for our short-term care grade. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
We also want to emphasize this nursing home's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this area. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about The Watermark at Broadway Cityview?
Turning to the category of nursing care, this facility didn't perform quite as well in this area as some of the categories discussed above. Nevertheless, a grade of B- in this category is by no means a bad score. Our nursing score looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a relatively low total compared with most other nursing homes. Lastly, our nursing ratings also factor in quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded turned out to be this nursing home's weakest category. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still awarded it a respectable grade of B- for our long-term care category. Long-term care grades assess a nursing home's personal care instead of the highly skilled nursing and healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated 77.31959 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is several points below what we expected. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Watermark at Broadway Cityview Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 94.64% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Watermark at Broadway Cityview, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 0.63 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 6.56 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Fresenius Medical Care Ft Worth Parkway0.42 miles away6551 Harris Parkway Suite 115 A Fort Worth Texas 76132CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (817) 292-5512
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Bryant Irvin0.92 miles away5729 Bryant Irvin Rd Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (682) 224-7635
- Hulen Dialysis0.96 miles away5832 S Hulen St Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 370-7642
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Southwest Fort Worth2.38 miles away5127 Old Granbury Road Fort Worth Texas 76133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 370-7830
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Fort Worth3.23 miles away4804 Bryant Irvin Court Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 738-8703
- Rrc West Fort Worth4.45 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC4.79 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth5.46 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822