Fountains at Mill Cove is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Jacksonville, Florida with a total of 810,498 people. Sporting an overall score of A, this nursing home is among the highest-graded nursing homes we found. You really can not do much better than this place. Headlining this nursing home's exemplary profile is its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Fountains at Mill Cove
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Jacksonville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among its many dominant grades, this facility received a top-shelf long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a score of A- in that area. Facilities that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Fountains at Mill Cove?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our short-term care rating. This topped off an elite profile. Our short-term care grades are crucial for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing. This includes a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Fountains at Mill Cove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 11.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 1.06% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 1.12% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who have suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 20% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 0% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 100% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 15.54% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 12.41% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 12.41% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 15.57% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Fountains at Mill Cove, 79.5% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Baptist Medical Center - BeachesAcute Care Hospitals 9.27 miles away1350 13th Ave S Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 247-2900
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 12.12 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Regency Dialysis Center0.6 miles away9535 Regency Square Blvd Jacksonville Florida 32225CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 725-0526
- Fresenius Kidney Care Regency Dialysis1.4 miles away1211 St Johns Bluff Rd North Jacksonville Florida 32225Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 565-9100
- Arlington Dialysis Center2.22 miles away7645 Merrill Rd #204 Jacksonville Florida 32277Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 744-6130
- Bma - Saint Johns3.02 miles away3132 Saint Johns Bluff Rd S Jacksonville Florida 32246Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 641-0806
- Jacksonville Arlington Dialysis4.25 miles away929 University Blvd N Jacksonville Florida 32211Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 743-1689
- Memorial Plaza Dialysis4.79 miles away3901 University Blvd S #111 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 18 (904) 731-0247
- Kidney Kare of Jacksonville, Inc5.82 miles away4168 Southpoint Parkway Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 8 (904) 332-8004
- Dialysis Clinic Inc of Southpoint6.05 miles away11705 San Jose Blvd Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32223CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 296-6362