Located in Bronx, New York, Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is on a list of 45 options located in the city. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a solid nursing home. In our view, this facility ought to be a solid choice for most people. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its exemplary inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also excelled in the area of long-term care. For this reason, we awarded it a score of A- in that category, which is one of our highest scores. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.74425 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center?
This facility also earned a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of F in this area. We weighed the licensure of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the number of hours those nurses were with patients, in computing our rating in this area. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was short-term care. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is an abysmal grade. This is obviously a significant disappointment. In computing our short-term care scores, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is more often than not a fair measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents which had UTI's. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 13.6% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 91.89% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels.
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Bronx, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bronx, New York has 44 other nursing homes
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.49 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc0.56 miles away3525 White Plains Road Ste. A Bronx New York 10467Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 652-1013
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc0.56 miles away3525 White Plains Road, Suite B Bronx New York 10467CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 547-4562
- Montefiore Medical Center - Wakefield Hospital0.65 miles away600 East 233rd Street Hemodialysis Unit Bronx New York 10466Dialysis Stations: 8 (718) 920-9041
- Davita Laconia Dialysis1.08 miles away3440 Boston Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 798-0538
- Davita Bedford Park Dialysis Center1.17 miles away3119 Webster Avenue Bronx New York 10467CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 920-1530
- Davita Allerton Dialysis1.47 miles away2554 White Plains Rd Bronx New York 10467Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 231-1285
- Workmen's Circle Dialysis Center1.63 miles away3155 Grace Avenue Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 12 (718) 379-8100
- Davita Sandford Boulevard Dialysis1.67 miles away120 E. Sanford Blvd Mount Vernon New York 10550Dialysis Stations: 8 (914) 665-2035