Located in Bronx, New York, Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is on a list of 45 options located in the city. With an overall score of A, this nursing home is ranked among the most elite nursing homes we assessed. This is really as good of a nursing home as you'll find. Scroll down to find this facility's category scores, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3845 Carpenter Ave,
Bronx NY 10467
97.29% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also was given a dominant long-term care score, with a score of A. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 99.87485 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. There are quite a few subcategories within this category. Most of the factors reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we analyzed, this facility received a very favorable grade of A- in our short-term care category. With this score, the nursing home topped off a straight A profile. Short-term care grades are typically used to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients which had a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 13.2% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 91.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Bronx, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bronx, New York has 44 other nursing homes
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.49 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc0.56 miles away3525 White Plains Road Ste. A Bronx New York 10467Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 652-1013
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc0.56 miles away3525 White Plains Road, Suite B Bronx New York 10467CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 547-4562
- Montefiore Medical Center - Wakefield Hospital0.65 miles away600 East 233rd Street Hemodialysis Unit Bronx New York 10466Dialysis Stations: 8 (718) 920-9041
- Davita Laconia Dialysis1.08 miles away3440 Boston Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 798-0538
- Davita Bedford Park Dialysis Center1.17 miles away3119 Webster Avenue Bronx New York 10467CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 920-1530
- Davita Allerton Dialysis1.47 miles away2554 White Plains Rd Bronx New York 10467Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 231-1285
- Workmen's Circle Dialysis Center1.63 miles away3155 Grace Avenue Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 12 (718) 379-8100
- Davita Sandford Boulevard Dialysis1.67 miles away120 E. Sanford Blvd Mount Vernon New York 10550Dialysis Stations: 8 (914) 665-2035