Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center turns out to be one of a variety of available nursing homes you can choose from in Bronx, New York. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a solid nursing home. In our view, this facility ought to be a solid choice for most people. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its exemplary inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bronx senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received high marks in the category of long-term care, with an elite grade of A- in this area. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.65358 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second worse category was short-term care, where it received a grade of just D in that area. This is a relatively poor score. In determining our short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
This facility's least impressive category is nursing, which is the last category we scored. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F in this area. In spite of multiple respectable grades in other areas, this score is still of a concern so we would like to to make a note of it. When computing our nursing scores, we weigh both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is well below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 8.77% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 0.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who suffered falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 0.37% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 3.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 39.07% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 99.83% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 10.55% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 10.19% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 10.19% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 6.41% of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bronx Park Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 94.86% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Bronx, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bronx, New York has 14 other nursing homes
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.49 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc0.56 miles away3525 White Plains Road Ste. A Bronx New York 10467Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 652-1013
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc0.56 miles away3525 White Plains Road, Suite B Bronx New York 10467CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 547-4562
- Montefiore Medical Center - Wakefield Hospital0.65 miles away600 East 233rd Street Hemodialysis Unit Bronx New York 10466Dialysis Stations: 8 (718) 920-9041
- Davita Laconia Dialysis1.08 miles away3440 Boston Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 798-0538
- Davita Bedford Park Dialysis Center1.17 miles away3119 Webster Avenue Bronx New York 10467CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 920-1530
- Davita Allerton Dialysis1.47 miles away2554 White Plains Rd Bronx New York 10467Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 231-1285
- Workmen's Circle Dialysis Center1.63 miles away3155 Grace Avenue Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 12 (718) 379-8100
- Davita Sandford Boulevard Dialysis1.67 miles away120 E. Sanford Blvd Mount Vernon New York 10550Dialysis Stations: 8 (914) 665-2035