Broken Arrow Nursing Home is a facility in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, which has a population of 117,553 people. Featuring an overall grade of B, this facility is a very good choice. Based on our ratings, this nursing home has quite a bit going for it. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Broken Arrow Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facility earned a strong overall score as described above, but we especially wanted to point out its excellent long-term care rating. We awarded them an A- in this category. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to avoid negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This nursing home also excelled in inspections. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ for that area, which is one of our best scores. This is one of the few facilities with an overall score in this range which earned multiple category grades this high. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Broken Arrow Nursing Home?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. When determining a facility's nursing grade, we weigh the number of hours nurses are caring for residents and the levels of training of the nurses. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared well in this subcategory.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was short-term care. This nursing home was awarded a grade of B- for the area. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last metric we considered in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broken Arrow Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broken Arrow Nursing Home, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broken Arrow Nursing Home, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broken Arrow Nursing Home, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broken Arrow Nursing Home, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broken Arrow Nursing Home, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broken Arrow Nursing Home, 3.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher rates of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broken Arrow Nursing Home, 92.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broken Arrow Nursing Home, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broken Arrow Nursing Home, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
In Broken Arrow Nursing Home, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broken Arrow Nursing Home, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Broken Arrow, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Broken Arrow, Oklahoma has 5 other nursing homes
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 6.18 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.17 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Davita - Broken Arrow1.25 miles away1710 N 9th St Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 355-0657
- Davita - Berkshire at Home1.45 miles away4800 W San Antonio St Ste 201 Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 11 (918) 249-9716
- Davita - Southcrest3.28 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis3.33 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Fmcna - East Tulsa3.74 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis4.88 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis6.97 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis8.66 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571