Broadway Villa Post Acute is one of only three available facilities located in Sonoma, California. We gave this facility an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some decent scores. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Sonoma, which admittedly is admittedly a bit below average nationally. This nursing home did not fare well in all of our categories, but it didn't receive any rock-bottom grades either. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Broadway Villa Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Sonoma senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Sonoma, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a favorable short-term care score this year. We gave them a strong score in that category, with a B. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Nursing grades are mostly based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadway Villa Post Acute?
This nursing home's inspection grade appears to be one of its best features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, we awarded this facility a grade of D for our long-term care category. This is the facility's least impressive category grade. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than most nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadway Villa Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients which experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 5.83% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 95.65% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.66 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.93 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.48 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.63 miles away99 Montecillo Rd San Rafael California 94903Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 444-2000
- Napa Dialysis Center8.73 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Usrc Napa, LLC9.07 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis9.18 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis9.57 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fmc Petaluma10.09 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park14.51 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo15.23 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Wellbound of Vallejo15.42 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070