Broadway Villa Post Acute is one of only three available facilities located in Sonoma, California. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. A score of this caliber requires first-rate marks across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its nursing score, which we will address in the next section.
Broadway Villa Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Best Nursing Home in Sonoma, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in nursing, where it received an A. Nursing scores are mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its elite profile, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a score of A for that category. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadway Villa Post Acute?
Moving on to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that category, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of A- for that category. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a B-. Although this turned out to be its lowest category score, this is nevertheless nothing to be ashamed of. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadway Villa Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents which experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility. Some argue that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.66 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.93 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.48 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.63 miles away99 Montecillo Rd San Rafael California 94903Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 444-2000
- Napa Dialysis Center8.73 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Usrc Napa, LLC9.07 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis9.18 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis9.57 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fmc Petaluma10.09 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park14.51 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo15.23 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Wellbound of Vallejo15.42 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070