With an address in Sonoma, California, Broadway Villa Post Acute is one of just a few available nursing homes in the area. With an overall grade of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective patients. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Broadway Villa Post Acute
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Sonoma CA 95476
62.98% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a quality overall score as described above, but we especially would like to emphasize its excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A-. Not many nursing homes performed more favorably in this category. Short-term care grades are generally employed to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This proved to be a real strength for this facility. It outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the nation in this area with 58.1 percent of its patients returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadway Villa Post Acute?
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our nursing rating focuses on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This facility provided 3.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is an impressive figure which typically leads to higher quality care. Lastly, this facility also performed well in several of the quality measures we assessed. In terms of the percentage of its residents sustaining falls which lead to major injury, this facility performed as well as any facility in the country.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. We awarded this facility a decent grade in that area, with a grade of B-. While this was not as dominant as many of its other scores, it is nevertheless not a bad grade. In the area of long-term care, we assess the amount of care provided by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. On top of providing solid levels of nurse staffing, this facility gave the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This figure is better than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.8 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadway Villa Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 4.32% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 96.21% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broadway Villa Post Acute, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.66 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.93 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.48 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.63 miles away99 Montecillo Rd San Rafael California 94903Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 444-2000
- Napa Dialysis Center8.73 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Usrc Napa, LLC9.07 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis9.18 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis9.57 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fmc Petaluma10.09 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park14.51 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo15.23 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Wellbound of Vallejo15.42 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070