Broadway Manor Care Center is located in Glendale, California. The city has a host of options. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. This grade is not too far off the city grade for Glendale, which is a B-. This facility did not fare well in all of our categories, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Broadway Manor Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received a very favorable inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
This nursing home also excelled in the category of nursing, where it received a grade of B. Few facilities performed better in this area. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving residents even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadway Manor Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's third highest category was short-term care. As it turns out, with a D in this area, it still performed relatively badly. Our short-term care grades are likely most critical for individuals in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Considering its grade in this area, we weren't surprised to find that this place is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the data we assessed. Finally, we looked at the number of patients that returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest area was long-term care, which is the final area we assessed. For this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 95.67308 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadway Manor Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients which suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broadway Manor Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Glendale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Glendale, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.43 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.1 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 3.6 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Fmc-West Glendale0.8 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis1.55 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis1.72 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- Davita-North Glendale2.06 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset2.26 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles2.26 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis2.98 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Fmc-Burbank3.39 miles away2031 Alameda Avenue, Suite 202 Burbank California 91506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 845-3830