Located in San Gabriel, California, Broadway Healthcare Center is one of a mere three facilities in the city. This facility received an overall grade of C, which is a respectable score. Based on our analysis, there are certainly much worse nursing homes out there. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its exemplary inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Broadway Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on San Gabriel senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
This nursing home performed well in the category of nursing. We awarded it an B- for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Our nursing rating is largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadway Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a middle of the road grade in the category of long-term care, with a C. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinates 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst area is short-term care, which is the last area we looked at. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F in this area. Despite multiple solid scores in other areas, this grade is nevertheless alarming so we felt obligated to make a note of it. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. With a grade in this range in this category, we weren't surprised to learn this facility was below average in several staffing metrics we looked at. The nursing home offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics doomed this nursing home's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadway Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 5.83% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 95.65% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.36 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC0.61 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- Rosemead Dialysis Center2.05 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161
- u.s. Renal Care Rosemead Dialysis2.32 miles away3100 Del Mar Avenue Rosemead California 91770CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 288-7860
- Davita-Garfield Hemodialysis Center2.58 miles away118 Hilliard Avenue Monterey Park California 91754CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 288-5796
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.2.86 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Fmc-San Gabriel Valley Pd Clinic2.91 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 204 Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 6 (626) 457-6540
- Fmc-San Gabriel Dialysis Center2.91 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 102 Alhambra California 91803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (626) 457-9002
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center2.95 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080