Located in San Gabriel, California, Broadway Healthcare Center is one of seven available facilities in this city. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a solid score. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for San Gabriel, which is a B-. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its remarkable inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Broadway Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place really excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Inspection ratings are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. Nursing grades are largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a low total compared to most other nursing homes. Finally, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadway Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a decent grade of C. In our long-term care assessment, we analyze the sheer volume of services provided by a nursing home, as well as some quality statistics. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an above average datapoint. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth category, this facility didn't perform very well. Due to an abysmal grade of F in short-term care, this is this nursing home's weakest area. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this place provides significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadway Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broadway Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for San Gabriel, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Gabriel, California has 6 other nursing homes
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.36 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC0.61 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- Rosemead Dialysis Center2.05 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161
- u.s. Renal Care Rosemead Dialysis2.32 miles away3100 Del Mar Avenue Rosemead California 91770CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 288-7860
- Davita-Garfield Hemodialysis Center2.58 miles away118 Hilliard Avenue Monterey Park California 91754CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 288-5796
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.2.86 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Fmc-San Gabriel Valley Pd Clinic2.91 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 204 Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 6 (626) 457-6540
- Fmc-San Gabriel Dialysis Center2.91 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 102 Alhambra California 91803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (626) 457-9002
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center2.95 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080