The Springs of Broadway is located in West Memphis, Arkansas, a city with a total of 26,069 people. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a well below average facility. This was not the worse place we looked at, however, we'd still struggle to recommend it. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
The Springs of Broadway
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we were down on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B for our nursing rating. Our nursing score focuses on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
We actually gave this nursing home a very solid score in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we gave it a B- in this category. This is better than many facilities in this category. Inspection scores are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this nursing home still received a relatively positive inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about The Springs of Broadway ?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category turned out to be short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a C. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care, which was a weak spot for this facility. We awarded this facility a grade of just D for the area of long-term care. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 99.64413 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Springs of Broadway Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Springs of Broadway , 8.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Springs of Broadway , 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that experienced a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Springs of Broadway , 2.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Springs of Broadway , 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients which were given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Springs of Broadway , 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Springs of Broadway , 2.09% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Springs of Broadway , 95.41% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Springs of Broadway , 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Springs of Broadway , 14.1% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In The Springs of Broadway , 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Springs of Broadway , 14.1 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Springs of Broadway , 12.92 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Springs of Broadway , 77.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.65 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 9.74 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 10.35 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.13 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.31 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.32 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Fmcna - East Arkansas0.81 miles away310 S Rhodes West Memphis Arkansas 72301CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (870) 735-5445
- Davita - Renal Care of Marion5.37 miles away1120 State Hwy 77 Ste 2 Marion Arkansas 72364CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (870) 735-4087
- Lebonheur Childrens Hosp Dialysis8.01 miles away50 N Dunlap--Dialysis Unit 2nd Floor Memphis Tennessee 38103Dialysis Stations: 7 (901) 287-6133
- Memphis Central Dialysis9.64 miles away889 Dr. M. L. King Jr. Ave Memphis Tennessee 38126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (901) 525-1719
- Isd Renal Inc10.16 miles away1166 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 722-2012
- Satellite Healthcare of Poplar Avenue LLC10.46 miles away1333 Poplar Ave Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 725-0482
- Fmc Memphis10.62 miles away1428 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (901) 272-8683
- Isd Renal Inc10.7 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400