The Springs of Broadway is located in West Memphis, Arkansas, a city with a total of 26,069 people. Our rating scheme was not kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall rating of F. This facility is really as bad as it gets. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Springs of Broadway
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on West Memphis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this place incredibly poorly overall, it actually earned a relatively impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our more favorable grades in that category with a B. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this place still received a relatively positive report.
We were also surprised to find that this facility received a decent nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. Nursing grades are mostly tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This place provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat concerning figure as it is well below the national average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Springs of Broadway ?
Short-term Care Quality
In our next category, we gave this nursing home an F in the category of short-term care. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is typically a fair measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.4 percent of its residents returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is long-term care. Sadly, it received an F for this category, which is an abysmal score. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is an above average figure. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Springs of Broadway Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Springs of Broadway , 8.4% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Springs of Broadway , 4.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Springs of Broadway , 2.26% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which have sustained a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Springs of Broadway , 12.36% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Springs of Broadway , 21.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Springs of Broadway , 2.24% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Springs of Broadway , 95.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Springs of Broadway , 12.13% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Springs of Broadway , 10.57% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Some believe that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In The Springs of Broadway , 1.97 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Springs of Broadway , 10.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Springs of Broadway , 13.36 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Springs of Broadway , 78.15% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.65 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 9.74 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 10.35 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.13 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.31 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.32 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Fmcna - East Arkansas0.81 miles away310 S Rhodes West Memphis Arkansas 72301CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (870) 735-5445
- Davita - Renal Care of Marion5.37 miles away1120 State Hwy 77 Ste 2 Marion Arkansas 72364CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (870) 735-4087
- Lebonheur Childrens Hosp Dialysis8.01 miles away50 N Dunlap--Dialysis Unit 2nd Floor Memphis Tennessee 38103Dialysis Stations: 7 (901) 287-6133
- Memphis Central Dialysis9.64 miles away889 Dr. M. L. King Jr. Ave Memphis Tennessee 38126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (901) 525-1719
- Isd Renal Inc10.16 miles away1166 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 722-2012
- Satellite Healthcare of Poplar Avenue LLC10.46 miles away1333 Poplar Ave Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 725-0482
- Fmc Memphis10.62 miles away1428 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (901) 272-8683
- Isd Renal Inc10.7 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400