Broadview Multi Care Center is just one of 48 nursing homes located in Cleveland, Ohio. This city has more facilities compared to most other cities in the nation. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. This facility proved to be one of the better facilities in the city. Fortunately, this place did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Broadview Multi Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this place also earned top notch health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our best grades in this category, with an A. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadview Multi Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a favorable short-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this category. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is this nursing home's poorest area. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it an acceptable grade of B- for our long-term care category. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.59267 percent of its patients, which is more than most nursing homes. This facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadview Multi Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which had falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that have sustained a UTI. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis1.65 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita Rockside Dialysis2.2 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Davita - Parma Dialysis3.53 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Community Dialysis Center3.61 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis3.68 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis3.76 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Cleveland Home Dialysis3.97 miles away9729 Granger Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Dialysis Stations: 4 (216) 438-7325
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.4.14 miles away5595 Transportation Blvd., Suite 110 Cleveland Ohio 44125CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 581-0801