Broadview Multi Care Center is on a list of 25 nursing homes in Cleveland, Ohio. This facility was given an overall grade of B-, which is a solid score. In a city without a great selection of nursing homes, we rated this nursing home ahead of most of the facilities in the city. We were also pleased to discover that this facility received consistently decent grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Broadview Multi Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received an impressive short-term care score. As a matter of fact, we awarded them a B in this category, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadview Multi Care Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. Nursing scores are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat discouraging figure which is well below average. Finally, although this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared well in this area.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. In computing our long-term care scores, we assess the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.05123 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadview Multi Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients that have sustained falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 21.39% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 88.91% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broadview Multi Care Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 24 other nursing homes
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis1.65 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita Rockside Dialysis2.2 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Davita - Parma Dialysis3.53 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Community Dialysis Center3.61 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis3.68 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis3.76 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Cleveland Home Dialysis3.97 miles away9729 Granger Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Dialysis Stations: 4 (216) 438-7325
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.4.14 miles away5595 Transportation Blvd., Suite 110 Cleveland Ohio 44125CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 581-0801