Broadmoor Medical Lodge is located in Rockwall, Texas, a city with a population of 56,131 people. This is a good facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. This nursing home turned out to be one of the better facilities in Rockwall. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Broadmoor Medical Lodge
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall score, this facility also received top notch health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better scores in this category, with an A+. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to this facility's list of strengths, it also was awarded a high-end long-term care grade. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadmoor Medical Lodge?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received its third best category score in the category of short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of C in this area, which is a reasonably acceptable score. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is considered to be a reliable measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The last area we scored was nursing. We awarded this nursing home a D for the area of nursing, leaving this as the facility's least impressive category grade. Our nursing grade analyzes a handful of subcategories, but the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home offered only 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadmoor Medical Lodge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents which have suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 4.66% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression. Some believe that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 94.73% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Rockwall, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Rockwall, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital RockwallAcute Care Hospitals 0.45 miles away3150 Horizon Road Rockwall Texas 75032Proprietary(469) 698-1000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Lake PointeAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away6800 Scenic Dr Rowlett Texas 75088Proprietary(972) 412-2273
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.51 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 14.63 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 17.59 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 17.7 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Liberty Dialysis - Rockwall1.1 miles away2850 Ridge Road Suite 112 Rockwall Texas 75032Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 961-4336
- Rockwall Dialysis Center1.42 miles away2346 Greencrest Blvd Rockwall Texas 75087Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 722-4781
- Davita Rowlett Dialysis4.39 miles away7700 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 100a Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 607-1479
- Usrc Rowlett, LLC4.45 miles away7600 Lakeview Parkway Suite 200 Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 412-1631
- Fresenius Medical Care Rowlett5.75 miles away3801 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 100 Rowlett Texas 75088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (214) 703-6951
- Usrc Sunnyvale, LLC8.04 miles away220 S Collins Rd Sunnyvale Texas 75182Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 201-2767
- Garland Dialysis9.42 miles away776 E Centerville Road Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 278-2757
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite9.98 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110