Broadmoor Medical Lodge is located in Rockwall, Texas, a city with a population of 56,131 people. This is a good facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. This nursing home turned out to be one of the better facilities in Rockwall. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Broadmoor Medical Lodge
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
5242 Medical Drive,
Rockwall TX 75032
52.92% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially would like to point out its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded it an A+ in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional quality feature for this nursing home is that it was awarded an impressive long-term care grade. In fact, this wound up being its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B+. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadmoor Medical Lodge?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. There are a number of datapoints within this grade. Most of these criteria reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day, which is well below average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care. This nursing home received a grade of C in the area. With our short-term care grade, we seek to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. It does not appear that this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we considered the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadmoor Medical Lodge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents which have had urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents which are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 4.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression. Some experts argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is important for patients physical and mental health.
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broadmoor Medical Lodge, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Rockwall, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Rockwall, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital RockwallAcute Care Hospitals 0.45 miles away3150 Horizon Road Rockwall Texas 75032Proprietary(469) 698-1000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Lake PointeAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away6800 Scenic Dr Rowlett Texas 75088Proprietary(972) 412-2273
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.51 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 14.63 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 17.59 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 17.7 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Liberty Dialysis - Rockwall1.1 miles away2850 Ridge Road Suite 112 Rockwall Texas 75032Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 961-4336
- Rockwall Dialysis Center1.42 miles away2346 Greencrest Blvd Rockwall Texas 75087Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 722-4781
- Davita Rowlett Dialysis4.39 miles away7700 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 100a Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 607-1479
- Usrc Rowlett, LLC4.45 miles away7600 Lakeview Parkway Suite 200 Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 412-1631
- Fresenius Medical Care Rowlett5.75 miles away3801 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 100 Rowlett Texas 75088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (214) 703-6951
- Usrc Sunnyvale, LLC8.04 miles away220 S Collins Rd Sunnyvale Texas 75182Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 201-2767
- Garland Dialysis9.42 miles away776 E Centerville Road Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 278-2757
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite9.98 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110