Broadmead is a small non-profit nursing home located in Cockeysville, Maryland. This nursing home turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a high-end score. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. We also gave this nursing home impressive scores in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Cockeysville, Maryland Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Cockeysville, Maryland Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Cockeysville, Maryland Awards 2021
One of the many reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is that it received a very impressive grade in inspections. In fact, inspections ended up being its best category. In that category, we awarded this facility an A. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its elite profile, this nursing home also performed well in our short-term care area. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that area. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Broadmead?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next area, this facility received first-rate long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that area. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The next category we analyzed was nursing. In this area, we gave this facility an above average grade of B. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Broadmead Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Broadmead, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Broadmead, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Broadmead, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Broadmead, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Broadmead, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Broadmead, 10.18% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Broadmead, 92.14% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Broadmead, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Broadmead, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility. Many argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Broadmead, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Broadmead, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Broadmead, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.5 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- Northwest Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away5401 Old Court Road Randallstown Maryland 21133Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 521-2200
- Medstar Franklin Square Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away9000 Franklin Square Drive Rosedale Maryland 21237Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 777-7850
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Fresenius Kidney Care Lutheran Greenspring Drive4.08 miles away1940 Greenspring Drive Lutherville Timonium Maryland 21093Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 252-2140
- Davita Dulaney Towson Dialysis Center6.65 miles away113 West Road Towson Maryland 21204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (410) 825-3690
- Fresenius Medical Care Towson8.2 miles away7801 York Road, Ste. 150 Towson Maryland 21204Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 321-0853
- Davita - Falls Road8.57 miles away1423 Clarkview Road Ste 500 Baltimore Maryland 21209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 828-4643
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Cromwell8.6 miles away8710 Emge Rd Parkville Maryland 21234Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 661-0801
- Northwest Dialysis Center9.51 miles away2245 Rolling Run Dr Ste 1 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 265-0158
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - Pikesville9.84 miles away115 Mchenry Ave Bedford Square 2 Suite D Pikesville Maryland 21208Dialysis Stations: 13 (410) 484-3127
- Bertha Sirk Dialysis Center10.08 miles away5820 York Rd Ste 10 Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 532-9311