Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center is a very-large nursing home in Tampa, Florida. We gave this facility a B overall, which is a quality score. We were equally impressed that Tampa received a B+ city grade, making this one of the best places to find a nursing home. Based on our assessment, this facility ought to meet the needs of most people. We were also pleased to find that this place didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an B+. When calculating our nursing scores, we factor in both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this category. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. It does not look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was long-term care. This nursing home was awarded a B- for this area. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 94.33272 percent of its patients, which is an above average total. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that suffered falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients that were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 94.61% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bristol at Tampa Rehab and Nursing Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 17 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 0.91 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.18 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 11.69 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 16.26 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Usf Dialysis Center2.31 miles away10770 N 46th Street #a100 Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (813) 632-7918
- Temple Terrace Dialysis2.88 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062
- Renal Care Group - North Tampa4.07 miles away12674 Telecom Drive Tampa Florida 33637Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 971-7580
- Carrollwood Dialysis4.17 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis4.34 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Fmc - Ybor City5.13 miles away2525 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 209 Tampa Florida 33610CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 231-6859
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center5.13 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Dsi - Tampa Central6.28 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100