Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility located in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania. This nursing home proved to be a respectable facility, with an overall grade of B-. You could certainly do worse than this facility. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Glen Mills senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall score is its impeccable inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our higher scores in that category, with an A-. This is a notably better score than the facility's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. Our inspection scores account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
We also awarded this facility a favorable grade in nursing. This facility earned a grade of B+ in this category, which is one of our better grades. In calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a B-. Short-term care grades are typically employed to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services To provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care, is this facility's weakest area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in that category. This really is one of the few weak points on an otherwise impressive profile. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care may not provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to just 51.394424 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.3% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 86.27% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brinton Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 7.86 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.8 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 13.07 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.58 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 15.79 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.2.94 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Riddle Dialysis Center4.33 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc4.44 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130
- Davita - Westtown Dialysis6.69 miles away105 Westtown Road West Chester Pennsylvania 19382CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 701-2492
- Upland Dialysis Center7.13 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825
- Fresenius Kidney Care - West Chester7.39 miles away1380 Enterprise Dr., Suite 300 West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 701-0103
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center8.06 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.8.39 miles away709 South Chester Road Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 541-0468